Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

2016 Prices paid

43K views 82 replies 56 participants last post by  Jasmine1* 
#1 ·
I see a lot of posts for 2016 prices in the "2015 prices paid" thread, so thought I'd start one for 2016.

I just bought the following:
2016 AWD Sienna Limited Premium - no options
Salsa Red with Ash interior
$43,344 + TTL -$750 rebate (ends 4/4/2016).

My out the door price (with adding lower side moldings) is
$46854.71

I did the approach of notifying all the dealers within 200 miles and requesting a quote for my exact vehicle. I got a lot of responses, but none were below $48,000 (except those in non tax states) except one dealer. I tried to leverage the one dealers price against those who were closest, and dealers couldn't believe I was getting the right vehicle for the price, as such, no one offered a lower price.

Sharing because I couldn't find any other data points of actual purchases (except for what Truecar lists in their "analysis").

#2 ·
First time poster here. I found the forums helpful in negotiating/requesting best OTD prices for my new Sienna. I picked up a 2016 XLE Premium on Saturday for $35,355 before tax and title and this did not include the $750 because we financed a portion of it at 0.9. Feel really good about the price. We went with Black exterior and Ash interior. Also included the black all weather mats in addition to the standard mats. Loving it so far!

#4 ·
Thanks for the information! Was this FWD or AWD? The best quotes I've gotten for a 2016 XLE Premium AWD are $41,965 ($39,425 + TTL, includes cross bars, mats, and premium entertainment package) and $41,503 ($38,989 + TTL, with Blu-Ray, etc., but no premium entertainment package).

#3 ·
Hi,

Just picked up mine yesterday in Chicago, IL.

2016 Limited Premium AWD
Blizzard Pearl on Chestnut
- Remote Start (Viper, not Toyota OEM) - dealer-installed option
- Glass Breakage Sensor - dealer-installed option
- Cargo Management (Cargo Organizer, Cargo Net, Roof Rack Cross Bars)
- All-weather mats and Door sill protectors
- Lower side molding

$44,543.24 + TTL
= 49200.00 OTD

Happy hunting

#6 ·
2016 Sienna XLE in Blizzard Pearl purchased today from Germain Toyota in Columbus, OH.

MSRP - $37,935 included XLE Navigation Package ($715.00),
Special Color ($395.00), Roof Rack Cross Bars
($185.00), and Carpet Floor Mats/Sill Protector
($330.00)

Paid - $32,000 plus $250 doc fee plus $30 title fee

The trade value of my '14 Silverado was more than the purchase price, so there was no sales tax assessed as Ohio gives full credit.

Financed for 60 months at zero interest through Toyota Credit.

I had about decided to buy an Odyssey EX-L and stopped at the Toyota store just to check out a Sienna. By happenstance, was greeted by the salesman who lost us a couple of months ago when my wife bought a new RAV4. This turned out to be the key to the deal as he was determined not to let it happen again.

Surprisingly, liked the Sienna better than the Odyssey. Dealer offered $34,000 for the truck - exactly my number and its fair trade value. Offered them $32,000 for the Sienna and they came back at $35,000 and change with talk about how that was their invoice, blah, blah, blah. Got up to leave and salesman "checked" again and then accepted my offer.

Based on limited research, I was skeptical that they would go for it, but they will, no doubt, make up for it re-selling the truck.

Am very pleased with the deal. For about a grand more than the price of the Odyssey, the Sienna has some welcome additional equipment including fog lights, navigation system, and rear parking sensors.

#9 ·
Anyone shopping in the So Cal Area? Had a quote for 2016 Sienna XLE w Nav package (Blizzard Pearl) for $34,200 OTD. No other dealer would match it. The quoting dealer reneged on the price at the last minute stating that price expired on April 30 even though we had an appointment to close on May 1 (yesterday). The next lowest quote was $35,100 but they increased that as well due to new month.

#12 ·
Looking to buy a 2016 Limited (no Premium Package and no accessories) FWD and got a price quote of:

$36,828.65 - Price including Destination (and $1,000 off rebate)
$2,269.71 - MD Sales Tax of 6% (before $1,000 rebate)
$300 - Processing Fee
$330 - MD Title and Tags

No floor mats, or any other accessories but hoping to get that and the roof rack bars thrown in when we meet in person on Thursday. Good deal? Any advice to get this lower before I sign on the dotted line? Thanks!!!

#14 ·
First time post. First time Sienna.

May 2, 2016:

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE ($36,370 MSRP)
Predawn Mica Gray Exterior (+$0)
Bisque Interior (+$0)
XLE Navigation Package (+$715 MSRP)
Vehicle Protection Plus Package (+$399 MSRP)
Toyota Carpet Mats (+$330 MSRP)
WeatherTech Liners (1st, 2nd row, cargo liner) (+$270 MSRP)
Dealer-installed window tint (+$249 MSRP)
Dealer Document Fee (+$249)
Total MSRP and fees: $38,582

Total Paid (excl. tag, tax, title): $36,000
Discount off MSRP: -$2,582

After seeing some of the prices paid here, I am not so sure that we got a "smokin' deal," but I think it was fair. We paid less than average according to TrueCar, and paid less than MSRP for a basic XLE but got all above listed add-ons.

Now trying to decide whether to take the $800 offer for pre-paid Toyota maintenance through 5yr/60k mi. Seems that the recommended maintenance through 60k mi isn't very expensive and I might be better off paying for it as it occurs rather than pre-paying. Thoughts?

Dealer also offered a $100 deductible extended warranty through "Millennium Auto Protection" through 7yr/84k mi for $1,900. Seems very high since I can get a Toyota extended warranty through one of the discount warranty folks online for much less. Still not sure the extended warranty is worth it even at online pricing (one of the dealers is close enough to me I can legitimately go there to buy it). Thoughts?

#16 ·
Purchased in Anaheim, CA on 5/9/2016

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE w Navigation Package
Silver Sky exterior
Total MSRP:: $37,355
Customer Discount: $4,366
Price: 32,989.00

Total Paid (tag, tax (8%), title): $36,067.27

Financed with the dealer at 0% APR instead of applying the $1,000 cash rebate.

Dealer offered platinum warranty coverage for ~ $1,900 (8 years/100K miles) but rejected it.

Any thoughts on clear bra exterior and interior spray? They asked $484 for it and comes with 7 year warranty. Said no.

#21 ·
First time poster and first time Sienna owner. Absolutely love the new ride!

2016 Limited Premium AWD bought in Columbus, OH in March
- Creme brulee + chestnut
- Remote starter
- Four season floor mat package
- Roof rack cross bars
- Total MSRP $ 48,469
- Paid $ 43,500 + $ 250 doc fee + TTL
- Toyota financed at 0.9%
Bought via their internet sales desk (all negotiation by email/phone). Could I have negotiated a couple of hundred dollars more off? Probably. But the missus really wanted this color combo (which I admit is really sharp) and there were none in my state (Indiana) hence why we went looking next door in Ohio. Other dealers couldn't/wouldn't come within 1000 of that price. So rather than risk losing it over an extra few days of back-and-forth to save another 500, I pulled the trigger at 43.5K. No regrets.

#22 ·
I am new to the forum but thought i share.

Bought in NJ 2016 silver arctic XLE premium AWD with lower moulding, all weather mats and alloy lock wheels (came with it) for $37,234 (includes $1,000 rebate and $900 destination charge). MSRP: $42,174

I also traded in a 2004 honda crv that was in two bad accidents. Kbb value was 500 but got 1500 for it.

In total after taxes and fees and trade in, i paid $39 cash deal.

#25 ·
Rob, you can look at nada.com for the invoice price but the dealers also get 2% holdback and 1% financial reserve so take that into consideration. Some areas also have a rebate (mine had a $1000 cash back on 2016 or 0% financing for 60 months). I ended up getting just under 15% off of our 2016 Limited with all weather mats and here is my complete set of figures:

MSRP: $42944
Invoice: $40245 (Holdback is additional $866 off and Financial Reserve is another $447 off)
Estimated Actual Dealer Cost (accounting for Holdback and Reserve): $38,932

Negotiated Price: $37,685 (before $1,000 rebate or at 0% financing)
Doc Fee: $300
Title, Tags, and Registration: $316
Tax (6% in MD): $2,279 (in MD the Doc fee is taxable and the 6% is calculated before the $1,000 rebate)
Rebate Incentive in Mid-Atlantic: -$1,000

Total OTD: $39,580

Before all the fees and taxes, my percent discount is 14.6% off. I feel we got a good deal, especially since the car was built at the end of April and sat on the lot for only 6 days before we bought it. It wasn't the color combo I wanted, but a plain Limited FWD with no other accessories and options is hard to find in our area. I hope this helps. I have a spreadsheet that helps calculate everything if you are interested. Good luck!

#26 ·
I think you got a good deal too! Wow! Did you have a trade in or anything? I got a similar deal on our XLE but they went a bit higher than anyone else would on our trade-in (probably 1500-2K higher). It's always harder to gauge the new vehicle purchase deal when there's a trade involved. But your deal (without mention of trade-in, probably not there) sounds like a great one! congrats!

#29 ·
Just bought a 2016 XLE Premium AWD

Blizzard Pearl w Bisque Interior
Cross Bars
3 years/36K Toyota Care
AW Mats
Cargo Organizer
Remote Start
Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
Paint Protection Film
Protection Package Door Edge
Dealer paid off my last 3 remaining lease payments ($1300)

Paid $38,385 with the $1000 cash rebate (not including taxes and DMV fees)

#31 ·
Yes. Includes the warranty and lease payoff. With NY taxes (8.625%) and DMV fees I paid 42,200.
The car came with 2 years of toyota care, but they weren't able to go any lower in cost and since this dealer was 20 miles away compared to my local dealer who also matched the price, they gave me an additional year of toyota care.

I wasn't sure if I got a deal but it was lower than the other dealers I contacted.

#32 ·
You guys are getting some nice deals. I went to Toyota of Glendale in Socal yesterday just to look at some trims but I figured I?d try negotiating if they had the Sienna SE with the moonroof. They had the SE base model with the moonroof, navigation, and push start button and the dealer price was $38,500.

The salesperson asked if I had a figure in mind. I asked if we could talk out the door prices and he said no. I told him I had gotten some quotes already and that I was willing to pay $32,500 before tax and fees. He looked annoyed by my offer and said that if I had quotes I should go negotiate at those places. I thanked him and I got up and left. The guy didn?t even try to negotiate with me.

Some people have gotten comparable models for $31k to $33k before taxes. It just reminded me how much I dislike car salesmen. I?m just going to do the haggling over email.

#34 ·
Is this a reasonable deal for CO?

2016 Limited AWD with only the following options:
all-weather mats/door-sill
roof cross-bars
mud guards
lower door molding
clear bra
front window tint

MSRP for the above options is approx. 1450.

Total is: 40,500 + TTL (8.1%), comes to approx. 43,800 OTD. This is with 0% financing, so I guess I'm missing out on the 1000 rebate.

#35 ·
Howdy folks,

First post, now that I'll have a Sienna, but figured I'd share.

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE in PreDawn Mica and Ash with Navigation package

MSRP: $37,433
Negotiated Price: $31,880
TTL: $335 (in SC)
OTD: $32,215 and I got them to throw in the Rubber All Weather Mats

Thought that was a pretty good deal...taking receipt of it today. Looking forward to it, and looking forward to learning from some of yall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.