2006 Rear View Mirror AND Floor Mats - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
1SG

2006 Rear View Mirror AND Floor Mats

Hello All,

I am a brand new owner of a (almost) brand new 2006 Sienna XLE Limited. This vehicle has bells & whistles that amaze me. It looks and runs like a brand new car and it has only 53K miles. My 1998 LE has been a great van, but this 2006 is awesome.

When I got it home yesterday, I noticed that the driver's review mirror is very loose; like there is only a little friction keeping it in place. Consequently, at highway speeds, the mirror sorta drifts to wherever the wind blows it. Then I looked at my RH mirror. It, too, was a bit loose. I checked the 3 torx headed mounting screws to be very tight. I'm just wondering if this is a common problem with GenII Siennas. Has anyone taken them apart to look for a DIY fix? Do these mirrors fold in electrically, or must you manually push them in to get them folded?

So I also just came from my Toyota dealership. I wanted to order some pretty, new front floor mats for my trim code LB12 (light grey). Guess what? There are none available throughout the land, AND Toyota does not carry them any longer. Suggestions/Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for reading and for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:56 PM
Supporting Member

Re: 2006 Rear View Mirror AND Floor Mats

Floor mats were confiscated and shredded as part of the unintended acceleration debacle. I couldn't get a set either. Fortunately, Avery makes beautiful mats in a variety of carpet thicknesses, in a bunch of different shades and floor styles. I went with darker grey mats for the medium grey interior, and they looked awesome. Depending on your center console, seating count, center aisles, etc., you can choose any of 6 or 7 combos of individual, strips, T's, etc. Not cheap, but 10x better than anything ANY car maker offers in carpet style.

https://www.averysfloormats.com/toyota-sienna-floor-mat

Current: '15 Sienna Limited Premium (FWD), '14 Subaru Outback, '13 Honda CRV AWD.

Past: '08 Sienna LE (FWD), '02 Subaru Outback, '02 Honda Odyssey EX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page