2012 Sienna overhead DVD player installation
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Sienna overhead DVD player installation

2012 Sienna overhead DVD player installation

So I just purchased a 2012 XLE that comes with the moonroof. I want to install an aftermarket DVD player. I took it to a company that does this for the dealer and they told me there is not enough bracing for them to feel comfortable installing an overhead and they suggested looking into headrest DVD players. I read online somewhere that there is a bracket that they use on the factory DVD players but is not installed. I do not want to do this myself and my wife and I both agree that we would prefer the overhead vs. the headrest players. My want list in a DVD player includes a USB port or a media reader that will play DIVX/VCD's, so this pretty much rules out most "factory" options. Anybody have any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2012 Sienna overhead DVD player installation

Quote Originally Posted by brownru
    So I just purchased a 2012 XLE that comes with the moonroof. I want to install an aftermarket DVD player. I took it to a company that does this for the dealer and they told me there is not enough bracing for them to feel comfortable installing an overhead and they suggested looking into headrest DVD players. I read online somewhere that there is a bracket that they use on the factory DVD players but is not installed. I do not want to do this myself and my wife and I both agree that we would prefer the overhead vs. the headrest players. My want list in a DVD player includes a USB port or a media reader that will play DIVX/VCD's, so this pretty much rules out most "factory" options. Anybody have any suggestions?
    While I have the factory system in my XLE, we solved the "personal media" issue by getting a nice box like the PBO core and hooked it into the video input. With a 500GB notebook drive in it, there's never a lack of back seat entertainment.

I have a 2011 SE with moonroof and had a Rosen Z10 overhead DVD player installed. The professional installer did a great job and he told me that he actually prefers a moonroof because they typically offer more support near where he installs the mounting bracket for the DVD player. He told me that if the bracing wasn't there, he was experienced enough to manufacture something. I would check with a different installer, maybe look for someone who is MECP Master Installer certified.

hey rworne, could you please tell me what a "PBO core" is - I'm interested

Were you talking about the Patriot Black PBO Core Box? If so, how did you wire it for power? and did you mount it somewhere? Thanks in advance!

I have a 2012 SE with moonroof and there was no problem with the overhead DVD player. I have a VST 12 inch. The installer had a similar response to that of Brain2011SE - he said that there was great support for the DVD player and that the install was quite simple with the mounting. It looks great and the install is very solid.

Very strange. I have had a installer from a local shop tell me that with sunroof it was an impossibility and started to suggest headrests. Another experienced installer told me he preferred the sunroof also.

i have 2011 Sienna SE and installed Performance Teknique ICBM-9534 13.3" TFT Ceiling Mount & Flip-Down Monitor. Works fine. it's huge. didn't think it was big at first, but when it's installed it's huge... 15" is too big.. 10" thought it was too small... but 13.3" would give you the small theater experience... very good resolution as well...

You need Toyota part number 86117-08010. I just purchased one and installed an overhead DVD player.

IMG_0678.jpg

Get this one: http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/pkg-rse2

The quality is amazing. Way better than all the other stuff. $570 online.
    Had it in our Highlander. Never had issues. Other stuff like Rosen was not working when it was around 30 or 100 degrees outside till the temperature normalizes in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM1X View Post
    You need Toyota part number 86117-08010. I just purchased one and installed an overhead DVD player.

Attachment 5381
    this is laughable... i have seen prices for this for over $100... while this is piece of stamped sheet of metal, worth literally $5
    Also previous year versions cost about $8...

Quote Originally Posted by brian2011SE View Post
    I have a 2011 SE with moonroof and had a Rosen Z10 overhead DVD player installed. The professional installer did a great job and he told me that he actually prefers a moonroof because they typically offer more support near where he installs the mounting bracket for the DVD player. He told me that if the bracing wasn't there, he was experienced enough to manufacture something. I would check with a different installer, maybe look for someone who is MECP Master Installer certified.
    How much is average aftermarket installation cost?

Hi! Just like to ask were can i get this bracket (86117-08010)cheaper ?Because the Toyota dealership here in our area is charging me $175 and they say the reason its expensive because this is special order.When you say that it is only $5-$8 can you please let me know were you bought your bracket.Thanks

Here's a PDF for DVD install with sunroof.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Won't let me view pdf file?

17. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements