Block heater install - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Block heater install

Hello anyone install a block heater and have some tips for installation on my 2008 LE? Thanks!!

2008 Sienna LE (U.S.) Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 AM
tcp
Devoted Member

Re: Block heater install

If it was sold through a toyota canada dealer, it will have the block heater already installed. You may have to hunt around inside to find the cord and pull it through the grill. All canadian models have them.

If you have a US imported unit, someone here will pipe up.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp
If it was sold through a toyota canada dealer, it will have the block heater already installed.
Really!? I didn't know that, and I've owned a Canadian Sienna since 2004.

main ride: '09 Louis Garneau - Urbania 2.0 bike :-)
(Sienna is for the family...)
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Supporting Member

I didn't know that either... I am going to go digging now. Mine is a 2006 I bought used but it was originally purchased through an Ontario Dealership...

2006 XLE Limited AWD - Silver Pine Mica
Mods
- Curt Class III towpackage
- 7blade wiring harness
- floormats
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:06 PM
tcp
Devoted Member

If you go to the Build and price section of the toyota canada website, the final statement includes $170 for the block heater with "manditory" in brackets. This hasn't changed since we bought ou 2005. Toyota canada sells every sienna with a block heater.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg swpr.JPG (99.3 KB, 82 views)
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

mines a US model, I just got the cord but am looking to find out how to install it and see if it has it already the dealership said it did, that is why i got the cable.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

still stumped on this can't find ny info can anyone help?

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
tcp
Devoted Member

You probably don't have a BH installed if it is a US import. Toyota Canada installs the block heater as a port installed option (which is a manditory option) on all siennas. You probably need to have the actual heater part installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whositwhatnow
still stumped on this can't find ny info can anyone help?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:33 PM

TCP in which province are you ? I'm asking because its not included on the base model CE sold in La Belle Province, model year makes no difference , just for fun try it but choose QC instead of where you live. A block heater is an $140.00 option.

Sienna CE 2009 Canadian version
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 AM
tcp
Devoted Member

interesting. I think my browser remembers me being in AB on the toyota website so it always comes up that way. Must be a lot warmer in QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
TCP in which province are you ? I'm asking because its not included on the base model CE sold in La Belle Province, model year makes no difference , just for fun try it but choose QC instead of where you live. A block heater is an $140.00 option.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 AM

Sienna CE 2009 Canadian version
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Supporting Member

I grew up in southern Ontario and was surprised to find electrical outlets all over parking lots when when we moved a little further north... they are for block heaters, and no one in southern Ontario would expect to plug in during the day, although many did overnight.

My 1984 Tercel and 2004 Sienna were both purchased in Alberta, and both came with dealer-installed block heaters, both of which were options (extra cost) but mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp
interesting. I think my browser remembers me being in AB on the toyota website so it always comes up that way. Must be a lot warmer in QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer

Caution: my Sienna had low coolant level from when I received it, and again after the radiator was replaced in the voluntary service campaign. In both cases the "service" manager claimed that the cooling system was difficult to bleed properly, so since both operations involved draining and refilling coolant, both resulted in trapped air. I would check - and recheck over time - the coolant level in the reservoir after any cooling system work on the Sienna.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Supporting Member

The coolant does not need to be drained to install the block heater in an 2007 + sienna. It uses a heater that slides into the block with a locking tab. Location is on the back side of the block itself by #5 cylinder. Easy to get to from under the van.Ramps/jack stands. The heater in size is about 4" long and about 1" wide.(approx)

#5 cylinder is closes to the transmission on the back side(firewall side).

I will see if a can get some sort of diagram for the location.

2004 CE
AIR LIFT '1000'
OVERHEAD 'DEALER' DVD
'HITCH CITY' 2' HITCH
Support 'SIENNACHAT' HERE

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Supporting Member

Good info, Rob. I was forgetting about the engine difference between my 2004 and the current Sienna.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo5
The coolant does not need to be drained to install the block heater in an 2007 + sienna. It uses a heater that slides into the block with a locking tab. Location is on the back side of the block itself by #5 cylinder. Easy to get to from under the van.Ramps/jack stands. The heater in size is about 4" long and about 1" wide.(approx)

#5 cylinder is closes to the transmission on the back side(firewall side).

I will see if a can get some sort of diagram for the location.
Any update on this? I have a US import and would like to know.. cannot see any BH cable on my 07 LE.

That diagram would be nice, or for those who have/found it, a pic would do just as well.

Thanks.

Tags
block, heater, install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page