Toyota Care Prepaid Maintenance + 0 % Financing good idea? - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Toyota Care Prepaid Maintenance + 0 % Financing good idea?

Hi,

We are about to buy a sienna tomorrow in WA and I have the option of taking out the prepaid maintenance (my husband likes the idea because its spreading our payment in todays' dollar for maintenance worry free for year 3 to 7).

Is prepaid maintenace for 3rd through 7 yr up to 75K for $1760.00 worth it upfront if we are doing the prepaid financing? I have just sent an email to Doug in Toyota Danville based on the posts but any recent experience with this to help me decide if this is a financially savvy decision?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Devoted Member

Re: Toyota Care Prepaid Maintenance + 0 % Financing good idea?

What if the vehicle is destroyed/sold?

This will force you to use a local Toyota dealer for basic maintenance when there are many local shops that might be cheaper/better/more convenient/not try to rip you off.

Don't forget that it won't cover tires, brakes, etc.

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD with Premium and Convenience packages in South Pacific Pearl over Light Gray purchased 03/31/2010
  • (CF) Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protectors
  • (GN) Cargo Net
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 AM

Re: Toyota Care Prepaid Maintenance + 0 % Financing good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinghbat View Post
Hi,

We are about to buy a sienna tomorrow in WA and I have the option of taking out the prepaid maintenance (my husband likes the idea because its spreading our payment in todays' dollar for maintenance worry free for year 3 to 7).

Is prepaid maintenace for 3rd through 7 yr up to 75K for $1760.00 worth it upfront if we are doing the prepaid financing? I have just sent an email to Doug in Toyota Danville based on the posts but any recent experience with this to help me decide if this is a financially savvy decision?

Thanks!
From what I understand, Toyota Maintenance Plan is only available for 5 years / 75K miles (maximum) which would be good at any toyota dealership. If you are getting a 7yr/75K, it might be something that is through your dealer and not Toyota. 5yr / 75K Toyota care should run about $980. See the link below for details. The link also goes over the Toyota Extended warranty pricing. Go to the last page of the thread for the latest pricing. I used this info when we bought our van and our local dealer matched the prices for the warranty and toyota maintenace plan.

http://slickdeals.net/f/1258591-Toyo...ties-1-2-price

2012 Sienna SE - Silver Sky Metallic

Tags
care, financing, good, idea, maintenance, prepaid, toyota

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page