Subject - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Re: NEW TFS SERVICE CONTRACTS - NEW TERMS & NEW PRICING

I know I'm late on this post, but any idea what it would cost to upgrade a 7/75 to 8/75. 2008 LE exactly 2 years old today with 13,500 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dougbonczek Send a message via Yahoo to dougbonczek

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickracer
I know I'm late on this post, but any idea what it would cost to upgrade a 7/75 to 8/75. 2008 LE exactly 2 years old today with 13,500 miles.
TFS doesn't offer an "upgrade", so to speak. The only option they give us is to cancel your current plan and purchase another plan. I can help you with that if you want. Please email me @ toyotaofdanville@gmail.com to get more info. Thanks!

--
Doug Bonczek
Finance / Inventory Manager
Toyota of Danville - Scion
toyotaofdanville@gmail.com
877-442-8474
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM

Doug, I've never bought an extended warranty before. Just purchased a 2011 XLE FWD from Rockland Toyota in NY and I turned down any warranties... I was just too nervous to buy at the point of sale..

So I traded in a 2006 LE with 71k miles and I had no problems... But that car had no options.
I was advised that the Timing belt/ water pump/ service at 90 k was going to cost $1200 -1400.

MY 2011 XLE has a lot of electronics.

1. Does the Platinum Warranty cover timing belt replacement and the associated other things like water pump?

2.What about having to go to the dealer to re- initialize my TPMS sensors twice a year? (I change to winter tires/wheels with compatible in- wheel sensors from Tire Rack). But I am told I have to go to the dealer because the car can only store the RFID for 4 sensors at a time...

3. What about 0-W20 Synthetic Oil changes, and how often would you do them on a 2011 XLE?

Maybe it is easier to outline what isn't covered...... (Tires, obviously)

William

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 AM

the extended warranty covers things that fail not maintenance items. just 2 cents. I purchased the extended
warranty for my Limited just before the 36k miles for ~800.00 dealer wanted 1200.00 when I purchased it.
Just had 4 disc CD changer replaced. Bill to Toyota was 2400.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2006 XLE Limited AFP
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtzouris
Doug, I've never bought an extended warranty before. Just purchased a 2011 XLE FWD from Rockland Toyota in NY and I turned down any warranties... I was just too nervous to buy at the point of sale..

So I traded in a 2006 LE with 71k miles and I had no problems... But that car had no options.
I was advised that the Timing belt/ water pump/ service at 90 k was going to cost $1200 -1400.

MY 2011 XLE has a lot of electronics.

1. Does the Platinum Warranty cover timing belt replacement and the associated other things like water pump?

2.What about having to go to the dealer to re- initialize my TPMS sensors twice a year? (I change to winter tires/wheels with compatible in- wheel sensors from Tire Rack). But I am told I have to go to the dealer because the car can only store the RFID for 4 sensors at a time...

3. What about 0-W20 Synthetic Oil changes, and how often would you do them on a 2011 XLE?

Maybe it is easier to outline what isn't covered...... (Tires, obviously)

William
William - Congrats on your new Sienna!

I am out of the office today so I won't have all the answers, but I will do what I can and then get you more info tomorrow.

1. Water pump if it malfunctions/breaks/stops working... yes, Timing Belt - not sure.

2. TPMS sensors, unless they malfunction, are not covered to swap between wheels. That's mainly a labor charge for the swap, and you'll be responsible for that.

3. Oil changes - well, TMS just came out with a new recommendation for the 2011 Sienna with 0W20 oil that says 10,000 miles per change is recommended. I'm not going to personally recommend that, however. You do what you feel is best for your vehicle, but the current maintenance program that you may have received with your new Sienna should give you a 10k and 20k oil change. I believe that program is nationwide, not just in my region...but no guarantees on that either.

Let me know if you have more questions, or I'll check back tomorrow with more info!

--
Doug Bonczek
877-442-8474
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 05:39 AM

Is the pricing in the pdf attachment still current? It's dated 8/1/09 so just wondering if anything has changed in terms of pricing or coverage.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Vendor

Yes it's still current...nothing has changed at all. Thanks!

--
Doug Bonczek
877-442-8474
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 03:45 PM

Hi Doug (and all),

This is my 1st time posting. My wife and I just (on Friday) purchased a '09 LE with two power sliding doors and driver power seat. I purchased it from a wholesaler, who also has his dealer's license. The Sienna has just over 30,000 miles but is only 15 months old. Prior to completing the sale, I took it to a very reputable and trustworthy mechanic who, after driving it and putting it on his lift to inspect it (all for $45), used the word "pristine" to describe it condition.

It drives like a dream and, other than a couple of minor scratches, does look to be in pristine condition.

My only concern is the higher mileage. According to the Autocheck report, it was either a lease or rental for the 15 months. However, whoever had it seemed to keep in in good condition, both inside and out.

Would this higher mileage make anyone concerned that something could occur sooner, rather than later? Since we are less than 6,000 miles from being our of the 3/36 coverage, I would need to make this decision within the next 4-6 months.

Also, does the Platinum VPA simply extend the same coverage that the 3/36 covers?

And, does 7/100 (as an example) mean 7yrs/100K miles in total (whichever comes first) or is it in addition to the 3/36, making it 10/136? Probably a dumb question but just wanted to be clear.

Also wanted to state that I am in Florida, and that there seems to be some dissenting opinions on this forum as to whether or not Floridians can purchase extended coverage from out of state. Can someone clarify this, for sure?

In any case, I'm glad I found this forum. So much great info.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Vendor

Dave -

Congrats on your new (to you) Sienna! It sounds like it was well kept even in lease/rental service. That's a rare find in itself! I don't think that 2k a month is that bad (I commute 80 miles per day round trip-25k per year!)

I also don't have any evidence to support or refute the concern that higher mileage right away will cause things to go wrong sooner. Since you are closer to your 36k warranty expiration, you do have less time to make that decision obviously.

The Toyota Platinum is retro to the in service date and 0 miles...therefore it would go back to like Feb/Mar of 2009 and 0 on the odometer...it doesn't add on the end. Sorry, I wish it did!!

Since you're in the state of Florida, I cannot help you with purchasing the coverage. At this time, the laws in Florida have forced Toyota to stop selling coverage there unless the selling dealer is actually in Florida. The only way around that would be if you were buying the vehicle from me. So, I guess what I can do is try to help you by answering any other questions you have and guiding you through the process when/if you're ready.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do for you in the future! Thanks!

--
Doug Bonczek
877-442-8474
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:59 AM

Thanks so much for the information, Doug.

Too bad I can't tak advantage of your services on the extended "warranty". Do you have any suggestions on who to contact within the state of Florida other than the local dealers? Is there a "Doug" in Florida?

Thanks agains--
Dave
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Vendor

Man..I actually had a guy at a Toyota dealer in Jacksonville..but he moved to NC.

Florida regulates the prices of extended service contracts, which from what i understand does not allow for a "Doug" in Florida. In fact, the Florida Toyota dealers don't even offer the Toyota Extra Care product, since they are all associated with SouthEast Toyota, they offer the JM&A brand service contracts...but that's another topic all together.

I guess what you could do is to call Toyota Financial directly and just double check the info I've given you. Maybe they have decided to allow customers to purchase from outside the state. The phone number for TFS is (Toyota Extra Care): 1-800-228-8559. If the guys there tell you it's ok, then you could go ahead and get options from me.

Let me know if you get any info from them! Thanks!

--
Doug Bonczek
877-442-8474
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 11:43 AM

Thanks. I did check the Toyota website and it explicitly states that the VSA coverage is not available in Florida. Between that and issues with homeowner's insurance companies pulling out, it makes you wonder if the lack of state income tax, and the sun & the sand is worth it.

Never heard of JM&A.

Thanks for all of the good info.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Supporting Member

Just some background....

Try here:
Toyota DISTRIBUTORS (USA)
http://siennachat.com/forum/index.php/topic,2445.0.html

Additionally, a GOOGLE of southeast toyota, returned the following among many relevant "hits":
http://www.jmfamily.com/Business/JMAGroup.aspx

Please continue discussion of TFS contracts & agreements as offered by Doug Bonczek & Toyota of Danville further below...

2004 XLE Ltd FWD Phantom Grey Pearl/Stone // 140K miles
. Pod-Style Running Boards
. OEM Hood Deflector (wimpy-version)
. 'kmead/SeanY' Rear-Wiper Salute
. 'mungpat' DIY Cabin Air Filter $$$-Saver
. Michelin HydroEdge (ex-Yokohama TRZ) ... looking for replacements
. Costco/Kirkland #9 battery
. Longer front wipers
. Britax Frontier 90

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Very Nice~ Now I'm thinking about trading in my 2004 sienna for 2011 sienna (because my 7-yr Plat Warranty expires), this is perfect info I needed to bring with me to the dealer.

Doug,
is this taxed? I'm just wondering if something like this is taxable if if I purchase from you. I'm in NJ.
& has the price gone up since 2009? I remember reading other posts for $850 or something for 7/100k/0ded but your chart is almost $1000.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Vendor

In Illinois there is no tax on service contracts. And yes, the price went up on Aug 1, 2009...Toyota added more plans and a new 8 year term and they raised the rates to accommodate their new expense structure....therefore I had to adjust my rates as well. I wish I didn't have to.

--
Doug Bonczek
877-442-8474

Tags
subject

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page