Driver's Power Window Issues - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Driver's Power Window Issues

These may or may not be connected (I suspect not), but since my passenger side power sliding door stopped functioning properly, I have noticed an issue with the driver's power window (and only that window).

With the key in the "on" position, the window is able to slide up and down if the switch is held either up or down, but the following does not work any more:

- in key on position, the auto up/down no longer functions;
- with all doors closed, and the ignition just switched off, the window will not function on retained accessory power, however all other windows do.

Potentially the first problem may have blown something like a fuse, leading to the second problem. Don't know if the ECU is involved somehow. Or it may simply be a coincidence both issues occurred at the same time. Reconnecting the passenger side power door motor electrically, in case an ECU is looking for its presence made no difference.

Has anyone experienced this problem and found a fix, or have a suggestion where to begin looking? I could live with this if I had to, but it's certainly an annoyance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Supporting Member

Re: Driver's Power Window Issues

What year is the van?

Current: 11 Sienna Limited (Silver), 13 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4x4 CCLB DRW (White)
Former: 09 Avalanche LTZ, 06 Sienna Limited, 04 Cadillac Escalade EXT, 00 Chevrolet Silverado, 00 GMC Envoy, 88 Chevrolet K1500, 86 Chevrolet Corvette, 82 Plymouth TC3
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, it's a 2006 LE.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Supporting Member

If there is a malfunction in the pulse sensor of the driver's power window motor, the power window function will be restricted to partial operation. See step #8 in the first attachment. It seems to match your symptoms.

Turn the ignition switch ON. Operate the AUTO (drive side) switch of the master switch. If the AUTO light on the button is blinking in a pattern, it indicates what is wrong: 0.5 sec on with 1.5 sec off indicates the fully closed position is misaligned; 0.5 sec on with 0.5 sec off indicates a pulse sensor circuit malfunction; a more complex pattern indicates both. See the diagram in the second attachment.

If you have recently disconnected the battery, the 2006 vans require initialization of the driver's window to record the fully closed position. The Pre-Delivery Service TSB describing the process says this. I do not know if this is applicable for your case.

Quote:
Introduction

As a result of the removal of the [battery power], the “one-touch open and close” and “jam protection” functions of the driver's door power window will be inoperative due to loss of the driver's door window position memory stored in the microcomputer.

Initialization Procedure

With the ignition switch in the "ON" position, do the following:

NOTE: At this time, the power window switch for the driver's door window should be blinking.

1. Push down and hold the driver's door power window switch to completely open the window.
2. Pull and hold up the driver's door power window switch until the window closes. Continue holding the switch for approximately one second until the switch changes from blinking to a constant illumination.
3. Check for proper operation of the “one-touch open and close” by pushing the switch briefly to the “DOWN” and “UP” positions.

NOTE: Jam protection function becomes effective through the above initialization procedure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2006 Sienna Window.pdf (138.0 KB, 157 views)
File Type: pdf 2006 Sienna Window Troubleshooting.pdf (243.7 KB, 170 views)

Current: 11 Sienna Limited (Silver), 13 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4x4 CCLB DRW (White)
Former: 09 Avalanche LTZ, 06 Sienna Limited, 04 Cadillac Escalade EXT, 00 Chevrolet Silverado, 00 GMC Envoy, 88 Chevrolet K1500, 86 Chevrolet Corvette, 82 Plymouth TC3
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Great, thank you!! I will check out the window this weekend.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 AM

Some of power windows have some problems the driver side power windows are mostly make
issues because the main control of all windows is in under of drive side of windows the
lock system and up and down system etc so that's why the issues are create in
drivers side if WINDOWS
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 04:30 AM

What I read I really liked it. Thank you for your information!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 09:47 AM

Good information. My sienna is year 2004 LE. Not sure the pdf files will be useful as they are for year 2006.

Right now, my problem is that both the driver's door window and the 2nd row passenger side window not responding to the master buttons. The other 2 windows are working fine.

I checked the owner's manual. There only 2 fuses under the control panel. Both tested with multimeter and they are fine. Not sure if I can use the year 2006's pdf files to troubleshoot. Any suggestions? thanks
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 06:55 PM

2004 Sienna does not have the indicator light, but programming steps work. Similar procedure works for sunroof.

Tags
driver, issues, window

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page