Attack of the Killer Bee... - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Attack of the Killer Bee...

Greetings folks:

I am a car guy from way back and have always appreciated wagons and minivans for their practicality. Until recently we had driven mostly European sedans and wagons. I have owned a number of Japanese cars and trucks, including a bulletproof Toyota T100, but my affinity for SAABs, VWs, and Audis is far more obvious when you look over my automotive resume. I have also owned a number of domestic trucks used for towing, camping, and off-roading.

When the VW Dieselgate scandal hit, we got rid of two VW diesels and swore off VW and Audi forever. I'm pissed. This whole thing has been dreadfully mishandled.

So, I started looking for new cars and settled on the Sienna AWD as a good vehicle for where we are in our lives. We our mid-50s, mostly retired. We have a ski boat that we can tow with the Sienna. It holds some friends quite comfortably. We can take the dogs with us. We can go into the mountains in winter without much worry about chains and such. I manage our rental properties and can throw tools in the back. SWMBO can use it with real estate clients. It's not pretentious, but it is very comfortable and very practical. We love it.

I searched all over the west for a decent, used Sienna Limited AWD. They seem to command a high price. I finally found one in Denver and got it shipped to CA for $685. Our van is in decent shape but was a family van and smells a little like dirty socks. That smell seems to be dissipating. But it had good service records and was reasonably priced. Overall we got a good deal on it.

It drives great. My wife loves to be chauffeured around in the rear recliners while watching re-runs of Friends on the TV back there. Good livin' for her...

I have participated in many forums like this and hope I can contribute here...

Thanks,
bb

PS: billy bee is a handle I have used since I owned a BMW R100GS Bumble Bee... I go by Bill...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:25 AM

Re: Attack of the Killer Bee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bee View Post
Greetings folks:

I am a car guy from way back and have always appreciated wagons and minivans for their practicality. Until recently we had driven mostly European sedans and wagons. I have owned a number of Japanese cars and trucks, including a bulletproof Toyota T100, but my affinity for SAABs, VWs, and Audis is far more obvious when you look over my automotive resume. I have also owned a number of domestic trucks used for towing, camping, and off-roading.

When the VW Dieselgate scandal hit, we got rid of two VW diesels and swore off VW and Audi forever. I'm pissed. This whole thing has been dreadfully mishandled.

So, I started looking for new cars and settled on the Sienna AWD as a good vehicle for where we are in our lives. We our mid-50s, mostly retired. We have a ski boat that we can tow with the Sienna. It holds some friends quite comfortably. We can take the dogs with us. We can go into the mountains in winter without much worry about chains and such. I manage our rental properties and can throw tools in the back. SWMBO can use it with real estate clients. It's not pretentious, but it is very comfortable and very practical. We love it.

I searched all over the west for a decent, used Sienna Limited AWD. They seem to command a high price. I finally found one in Denver and got it shipped to CA for $685. Our van is in decent shape but was a family van and smells a little like dirty socks. That smell seems to be dissipating. But it had good service records and was reasonably priced. Overall we got a good deal on it.

It drives great. My wife loves to be chauffeured around in the rear recliners while watching re-runs of Friends on the TV back there. Good livin' for her...

I have participated in many forums like this and hope I can contribute here...

Thanks,
bb

PS: billy bee is a handle I have used since I owned a BMW R100GS Bumble Bee... I go by Bill...
:w ink:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page