Toyota Siennas expected to last more than 200k miles - Consumer Reports - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Toyota Siennas expected to last more than 200k miles - Consumer Reports

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...-200000-miles/

I think CR went off the deep end recently recommending the iPhone 3GS over the iPhone 4 and in their review of the 2011 Sienna. This is more confirmation as suggesting Porsche as a 200k+ mile brand is actually more ridiculous than anything else they have ever said AFAIK.

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD with Premium and Convenience packages in South Pacific Pearl over Light Gray purchased 03/31/2010
  • (CF) Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protectors
  • (GN) Cargo Net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 07:47 PM

Re: Toyota Siennas expected to last more than 200k miles - Consumer Reports

I do wonder about that Porsche recommendation.

You know, my brother had a Volvo station wagon for a while about 15 years ago. He bought it because of their reputation for safety and he had three young kids. It spent more time in the shop than on the road. He often wondered if that's how they got their low accident ratings-- volvo being off the road in repairs more often than on it.

As to the Sienna expected to go more than 200,000 miles-- I certainly expect that out of my new 2011. My 1999 Sienna just turned 298,000 miles and is still going strong.

1999 Sienna LE with 299,000+ miles (and counting)
2011 Sienna XLE AWD in South Pacific Pearl with Entertainment package
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Supporting Member

Any car will last "forever" if the owner is willing to spend $$$$$$ fixing/maintaining it and time finding parts for it....or fabricating them from scratch as they do in Cuba.

But, yeah....I should hope that my 2004 will go 200+K miles. My '85 Honda Prelude & '96 Nissan Maxima both did 270+K before I (YMMV) decided they were not worth "fixing" any more. Both of them were mostly trouble-free (excluding expected wear-&-tear & regular/expected maintenance/replacement items) past 150+K miles.

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

2004 XLE Ltd FWD Phantom Grey Pearl/Stone // 140K miles
. Pod-Style Running Boards
. OEM Hood Deflector (wimpy-version)
. 'kmead/SeanY' Rear-Wiper Salute
. 'mungpat' DIY Cabin Air Filter $$$-Saver
. Michelin HydroEdge (ex-Yokohama TRZ) ... looking for replacements
. Costco/Kirkland #9 battery
. Longer front wipers
. Britax Frontier 90

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspy
Any car will last "forever" if the owner is willing to spend $$$$$$ fixing/maintaining it and time finding parts for it....
Absolutely!

Volvos are fine cars, but when they were running an advertising campaign many years ago about the long life of Volvos in Sweden, they conveniently failed to mention that all brands of cars lasted a long time there, because owners were required to maintain their cars well to be allowed to drive them.

Of course Porches stay in service a long time... who is going to scrap anything that expensive and with that much fanatic interest just because some parts have worn out or they want a newer car that connects with their iPod? I wonder how long a Rolls-Royce lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qest T. Silverclaw
This is more confirmation as suggesting Porsche as a 200k+ mile brand is actually more ridiculous than anything else they have ever said AFAIK.
Given some of the crap which CR has published, that's saying a lot.

Tags
200k, consumer, expected, miles, reports, siennas, toyota

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page