Headlight bulb size?? - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Headlight bulb size??

Can anyone please tell me what is the headlight bulb size for 2011 Sienna? I am thinking of doing a little upgrade..Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 10:07 AM

Re: Headlight bulb size??

RTFM

2006 XLE Limited AFP
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Supporting Member

I believe what komondor means is Read The Fine Manual: the bulbs are all typically listed in the owner's manual (although I don't have access to a 2011 manual to confirm that). In the 2004 manual, this is in a section called "Do-It-Yourself Maintenance" under "Electrical components". The 2004 manual shows how to remove and replace the bulb, as well as listing the number and type.

Also, any manufacturer or retailer of headlight bulbs should have a guide which lists all makes and models and shows which bulb fits; however, the 2011 Sienna might not be listed yet, especially in the printed guides in stores.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Devoted Member

While I believe he had a different word than "Fine" in mind for the F-word in that initialism, and I understand the sentiment, I also believe that there's nothing wrong with using this forum as a resource even when that question is answered in the F-ing owner's manual.

I find the manual actually brings up questions. For instance, the prohibition of aerosol cans from the luggage compartment on page 319 is amusing. Am I to search every purse like I'm the TSA? Does the Camary have the same prohibition? What are the boundaries of the "luggage compartment" of my van? Does it matter if I remove the 2nd row seats? How about if I make the front seat passenger put all aerosol cans in her purse? Why are they less likely to "cause a fire" there?

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD with Premium and Convenience packages in South Pacific Pearl over Light Gray purchased 03/31/2010
  • (CF) Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protectors
  • (GN) Cargo Net
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Supporting Member

There certainly are some oddities in the owners manual. For instance, it says we are not to use a hitch which is attached to the axle: while you could get an axle-mounted hitch for your Model T, I defy anyone to find such a strange device to attach to the suspension of the Sienna, or any modern vehicle without a solid axle. While using that not-attached-to-the-axle hitch, we are not to tow over 45 mph... hopefully while not getting rear-ended by all the other traffic on the highway!

The 2004 manual uses some uncommon designations for some of the minor bulbs, but clearly uses common terms for the headlight bulbs. I just don't know if they are the same for 2011, so I'll leave the specific information to a reading of the manual.

Help finding stuff in the manual, or interpreting the information found there, seem like good topics for discussion in this forum.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataparag
Can anyone please tell me what is the headlight bulb size for 2011 Sienna? I am thinking of doing a little upgrade..Thanks..
Low Beam = H11
High Beam = 900X, do not remember exactly, could be 9005,9006

is that that you need?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Devoted Member

H11 = low and fog
9005 = high beam

this info is on pg 745 of your manual.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks catalup and ACs
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:13 PM

For 2012 models it's on page 796,

Low beams 35~55 W
Discharge Bulb = D4S
Halogen Bulb = H11

High Beam (Bulb #) 9005
HB3 Halogen Bulb

Tags
bulb, headlight, size

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page