Viper Remote Stater INSTALLED.. Answers to some questions. - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Viper Remote Stater INSTALLED.. Answers to some questions.

So over the past two weeks, I had a Viper SmartStart system installed into my 2016 Sienna Limited Premium with smart key/push to start.

I bought the complete Viper SmartStart system (Viper VSS4X10) from Best Buy thats supposed to be stand alone. BUT.. BUT.. since my car has push to start, its incompatible. I was quite surprised too. I then had to return it and buy a stand alone system and the add on the SmartStart module. For me I bought the most basic, Viper 4115V1B, "1/4 mile" range with 1x one-way remote and the VSM350 Viper SmartStart module with GPS features. Not listing prices because it will be different everywhere, but I did have to pay more this way since I wanted it asap.

I had to install it a week apart since they didn't carry the VSM350 SmartStart module that I wanted so I will tell you how each functions.

Viper 4115V1B.
With the include fob, you can remote start the car and unlock the doors. When its started you can still use the Toyota key as you normally would to unlock the doors and open the sliding doors and trunk. Installer said only Viper remote works but this isn't true in my case. Range is horrible though, I had to be in line of sight no further than 150' away.

Viper SmartStart GPS (VSM350).
I can use my phone to remote start the car, unlock the door, lock the door, pop the trunk, and use the GPS feature to find your car. After starting the car you can still use the Toyota key fob to open all the doors as you would normally. As amazing as SmartStart sounds, theres about a 5-10 second delay from pressing the button to actually having the command executed.

NOW.. from what I know, no matter what way you remotely start your car, it WILL shut down the second you open the door. This is Toyotas safety feature and there is no defeat for this. Once the car is started and you unlock the doors, you will still need the key to start it up again. Some of you would think oh, let me me sit INSIDE The car to start it, I just tried this. When you press the brake, the car will shut down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Devoted Member

Re: Viper Remote Stater INSTALLED.. Answers to some questions.

did you not see the thread about fotain factory remote start override so the van won't shut off when you unlock after remote start ?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Apparently not. I might have missed it when I scroll thru some threads.

Oh Wells.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page