Must have accessories for Sienna - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Must have accessories for Sienna

Hi,

What are the must have, from you personal experience?

I am considering all weather floor mats, cargo net, dash cam, and factory universal tablet holder.
Anyone owns the universal tablet holder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:12 AM

Re: Must have accessories for Sienna

For all weather mats (which are an absolute must-have for the harsh winters we have here in California ) if you search here on the forum, folks go with Hexomat, Lloyd, Husky, or Weathertech. I personally went with Husky mats up front and in the cargo area (had to cut a few areas as instructed so that the 3rd row seat could fold down) and Lloyd for the 2nd/3rd row, which allow the seats to slide back and forth since they don't cover up the tracks. Some of the mats from the other manufacturers (including the ones from Toyota) cover the tracks, so they limit the amount the seats are able to slide - not sure if that's a big deal to you, but something to keep in mind while you're researching.

As for dashcams, I've had a Blackvue DR500GW-HD installed in my GS for over 3 years, which I've been happy with, so for my Sienna, I went with another Blackvue. This time I went with the DR-650S-2CH, which has both a front and rear facing camera. I have yet to install it bc I was waiting to get my windshield replaced under warranty, which I had taken care of last week.

I ordered the Citycruiser V3 window visors from Vankulture.com (https://www.vankulture.com/product-p...uiser-v3-visor) which just arrived today, so I still need to install them as well. I'll let you know how that goes.

Not sure if you have any kids (I have one on the way - literally due any day now) but I've been looking into seat covers to protect the seats. I initially bought a set of generic neoprene covers from Costco but really wasn't happy with how they fit, so I returned them. Covercraft makes vehicle-specific covers, but they sure are pricey - about $200 per row. I might just go with a set for the middle row since that's where the car seat is installed...

Finally, one major gripe I've read about here from fellow SE owners (outside of HID headlights and memory seats) is the lack of power rear quarter window vents - there is a post here from some guys who were able to retrofit the motor and switches from XLE/Limited models. I've bought all the parts (afaik) but again, have yet to install them - apparently there's a difference in wiring between the '11-'14 and the '15-'17 models that makes it a little bit more involved on the newer models, but still possible. Not sure if your a big DIYer, but you might want to look into that as well...

Lots of stuff to keep busy with the van - hope the kid will spare me some time to get to all of it once I start paternity leave in a few days

Last edited by bunmango; 03-18-2017 at 01:14 AM.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

@bunmango, Thanks for sharing your list. I have 1 toddler and 1 infant. You mentioned looking for a seat cover; If you don't need a whole row, take a look at this BarksBar seat cover. I bought 2 for the seats on the 2nd row and they fit perfectly.

I might end up getting the Husky mats.

Did you get a chance to install the dashcam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunmango View Post
For all weather mats (which are an absolute must-have for the harsh winters we have here in California ) if you search here on the forum, folks go with Hexomat, Lloyd, Husky, or Weathertech. I personally went with Husky mats up front and in the cargo area (had to cut a few areas as instructed so that the 3rd row seat could fold down) and Lloyd for the 2nd/3rd row, which allow the seats to slide back and forth since they don't cover up the tracks. Some of the mats from the other manufacturers (including the ones from Toyota) cover the tracks, so they limit the amount the seats are able to slide - not sure if that's a big deal to you, but something to keep in mind while you're researching.

As for dashcams, I've had a Blackvue DR500GW-HD installed in my GS for over 3 years, which I've been happy with, so for my Sienna, I went with another Blackvue. This time I went with the DR-650S-2CH, which has both a front and rear facing camera. I have yet to install it bc I was waiting to get my windshield replaced under warranty, which I had taken care of last week.

Not sure if you have any kids (I have one on the way - literally due any day now) but I've been looking into seat covers to protect the seats. I initially bought a set of generic neoprene covers from Costco but really wasn't happy with how they fit, so I returned them. Covercraft makes vehicle-specific covers, but they sure are pricey - about $200 per row. I might just go with a set for the middle row since that's where the car seat is installed...

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:45 PM

Great thread, great info. I am looking at some of this stuff myself.
Just this morning I noticed how ignorantly the 3rd row all weather floor mats from Toyota covered up the tracks for the second row seats and were messed up because my chillens move the seats. I will definitely look for some better replacements.

I plan to do a headlight upgrade project as well. I will get some spare housings and install some HID projectors (Probably from an RX350) and do some custom painting to match the BBS wheels and grill cover. There may be some LED accents as well, but we will have to see.
After having my lights done on my 2012 LGT, using the yellow halogens on the Sienna are a frustration. The proper HID conversions are awesome. That plug and play stuff.....I hate that they are even sold.

I think I will do some interior LED lighting upgrades as well.
I like the idea of the seat covers as the wife is pregnant with #4 and we will have multiple car seats in the van. I will have to see if I can find something better than the cheap covers available at Target and such.

Thanks for the info guys!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:59 PM

Thumbs up Re: Must have accessories for Sienna

Quote:

I ordered the Citycruiser V3 window visors from Vankulture.com (https://www.vankulture.com/product-p...uiser-v3-visor) which just arrived today, so I still need to install them as well. I'll let you know how that goes.

Finally, one major gripe I've read about here from fellow SE owners (outside of HID headlights and memory seats) is the lack of power rear quarter window vents - there is a post here from some guys who were able to retrofit the motor and switches from XLE/Limited models. I've bought all the parts (afaik) but again, have yet to install them - apparently there's a difference in wiring between the '11-'14 and the '15-'17 models that makes it a little bit more involved on the newer models, but still possible. Not sure if your a big DIYer, but you might want to look into that as well...

Lots of stuff to keep busy with the van - hope the kid will spare me some time to get to all of it once I start paternity leave in a few days
I like your visors, how do you fid them?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Anyone knows the benefits of having the visors? They look cool, though.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 12:15 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by siennatom View Post
Anyone knows the benefits of having the visors? They look cool, though.
So smokers can have the window cracked open in the rain or driving on the highway, or perhaps for cars with no functional AC.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

@graure, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graure View Post
So smokers can have the window cracked open in the rain or driving on the highway, or perhaps for cars with no functional AC.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspec View Post
I like your visors, how do you fid them?
A few members here have them...

VANkulture
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siennatom View Post
@bunmango, Thanks for sharing your list. I have 1 toddler and 1 infant. You mentioned looking for a seat cover; If you don't need a whole row, take a look at this BarksBar seat cover. I bought 2 for the seats on the 2nd row and they fit perfectly.

I might end up getting the Husky mats.

Did you get a chance to install the dashcam?
Yea I bought a similar seat cover a few weeks ago on a Lightning Deal... still might splurge on the neoprene cover though, we'll see.

Haven't had a chance to install the dashcam yet, baby was born on Sat and we just brought her home yesterday...
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

@bunmango, congrats on your new baby girl.

Quote:
Haven't had a chance to install the dashcam yet, baby was born on Sat and we just brought her home yesterday...
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:44 PM

My suggestions may be generic but they work for me and my family.

2 separate USB power adapters. I have two phones and a bunch of tablet gadgets that the family needs charged.
3' micro usb cables for the front and 10' micro usb cables to reach the rear. (unless you use a usb hub with a long cable.
Weathertech front all weather mats. I liked these over the alternatives but chose black to not be reminded of how often those mats really need to be cleaned.
50% tint on front and a pillar windows. These wont get me pulled over in the city and cut down the glare from the otherwise large side windows.
Portable battery pack/air pump - this is used frequently in the winter to maintain tire pressure and help jump start friends with dead batteries.
magnetic usb phone mount - this offers perfect viewing without obstructing the air vents.

Front Dash cam - Went with an obscure brand due to its capabilities [

Rear Dash cam (optional) - Chose the Yi car camera due to its simple menu options and wifi capabilities, effectively letting me view the rear using my smartphone.
LED headlamps & HID fog lamps.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 02:19 AM

This is hands-down my favorite purchased so far for the sienna. And organizer tray specifically designed for the console.

Finally brings some organization for little things I carry instead of just a gapping huge hole of storage

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01...ganizer+sienna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aspec and RedStage like this.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Devoted Member

Let's not forget an important accessory: an ice bucket that doubles as a wine cooler and a set of French Bistro glasses ... seems to calm stressed travelers during the 25 mile ride home from the airport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ice bucket.jpg (44.7 KB, 64 views)

2014 Sienna Limited, 2012 Prius v - both Blizzard Pearl with Advanced Technology Package
E-Code rear fog light installation: http://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-m...14-sienna.html

Last edited by Geezer1; 04-01-2017 at 10:27 AM.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

@acitydweller, i liked your list. The link to the dash cam is appreciated. Can you share links to other items. I'm sure others could benefit from the info as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
My suggestions may be generic but they work for me and my family.

2 separate USB power adapters. I have two phones and a bunch of tablet gadgets that the family needs charged.
3' micro usb cables for the front and 10' micro usb cables to reach the rear. (unless you use a usb hub with a long cable.
Weathertech front all weather mats. I liked these over the alternatives but chose black to not be reminded of how often those mats really need to be cleaned.
50% tint on front and a pillar windows. These wont get me pulled over in the city and cut down the glare from the otherwise large side windows.
Portable battery pack/air pump - this is used frequently in the winter to maintain tire pressure and help jump start friends with dead batteries.
magnetic usb phone mount - this offers perfect viewing without obstructing the air vents.

Front Dash cam - Went with an obscure brand due to its capabilities [Elecwave EW-D300 1440P 2K Ultra Full HD Car Dash Camera 170 Degree with 32GB Micro SD Card A12 Chips with GPS, Black]; Ambarella A12A55 chip and 170-degree wide viewing angle, Fantastic night capabilities and support up to 512 GB microSD.
Rear Dash cam (optional) - Chose the Yi car camera due to its simple menu options and wifi capabilities, effectively letting me view the rear using my smartphone.
LED headlamps & HID fog lamps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page