2011 Sienna, Add smart key? - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

2011 Sienna, Add smart key?

Just got a new to me 2011 Sienna LE. I fought my ego for the last few months of car search, but came to the realization that a Sienna is the best fit for everything besides my ego. I am starting to learn the quirks of the Sienna, but one thing that really annoys me is that I have the main key and a separate fob containing the door unlock/sliding door buttons. Is it possible to either get them on one key fob, orto switch over to the push to start smart key system?

My last couple of cars have used a push to start system and while minor, I still have the habit of just pushing the break down and hitting start. I searched but could not find anything on a smart key conversion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:17 AM

Re: 2011 Sienna, Add smart key?

It would be quite a bit of $$, to add the modules for it, ecm programming, the perimeter antennas for key sensing etc.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr10user View Post
Just got a new to me 2011 Sienna LE. I fought my ego for the last few months of car search, but came to the realization that a Sienna is the best fit for everything besides my ego. I am starting to learn the quirks of the Sienna, but one thing that really annoys me is that I have the main key and a separate fob containing the door unlock/sliding door buttons. Is it possible to either get them on one key fob, orto switch over to the push to start smart key system?

My last couple of cars have used a push to start system and while minor, I still have the habit of just pushing the break down and hitting start. I searched but could not find anything on a smart key conversion.
I feel your pain!
having a separate key from the remote screams late 1990's early 2000's
I traded my 13 rav 4 for my 12 sienna... the rav4 had the remote built into the key......... this is somewhat acceptable....
I feel like a step back with separate keychains
Im on the same bus with you and if you find a more glamorous solution Im all ears!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 02:17 AM

I searched for a long time. My final solution was to just ditch the fob and go key only. My new VW has integrated fob. It's really no more convenient than a plain key. A plain key is smaller and lighter in the pocket too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page