2017 Limited: front turn signal upgrade questions - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Question 2017 Limited: front turn signal upgrade questions

Hi all... I have a 2017 Limited, and am currently about to order a bunch of LEDs to replace everything I can.
For the front signals, I noticed it uses as a 7444NA. While the bulb is a dual filament, I never see it on except for when I'm signalling. When the parklights are engaged, the little LED on the side is on, but the turn signal is not on at all.
I got 2 questions:
- Is there a reason the turn signal uses a dual filament bulb when its only using it for signalling?
- If I replace them with switchbacks (looking at the Triton V3), will the "park light" function work?

Sorry if these are dumb questions... just want to be sure.

A search yielded no relevant results... #sad

Thanks in advance all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 01:22 AM

Re: 2017 Limited: front turn signal upgrade questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbobot View Post
Hi all... I have a 2017 Limited, and am currently about to order a bunch of LEDs to replace everything I can.
For the front signals, I noticed it uses as a 7444NA. While the bulb is a dual filament, I never see it on except for when I'm signalling. When the parklights are engaged, the little LED on the side is on, but the turn signal is not on at all.
I got 2 questions:
- Is there a reason the turn signal uses a dual filament bulb when its only using it for signalling?
- If I replace them with switchbacks (looking at the Triton V3), will the "park light" function work?

Sorry if these are dumb questions... just want to be sure.

A search yielded no relevant results... #sad

Thanks in advance all.

They didn't bother with 7444 or 7440 which is single filament so they just put 7444 in there. Another reason on the lower trim without led DRL they could have the 7444 wire as parking & signal. (as on my 2011 Limited)
Replace with switch back won't turn on the park light function. However you could tap the parking wire on 7444 to the little led on the side to turn both on.

I would skip Vled for all their leds. Way overpriced and will break soon or later. Get the Philips leds for all your need (921, 194, 168, H11 fogs) and for 7440/7443/7444 get Putco leds. Both Putco & Philips come with lifetime or 12 years warranty. Putco brightness will be same as filament stock and half the price compare to Triton which just a bit brighter but required external controller and complicated wiring.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onexcite View Post
They didn't bother with 7444 or 7440 which is single filament so they just put 7444 in there. Another reason on the lower trim without led DRL they could have the 7444 wire as parking & signal. (as on my 2011 Limited)
Replace with switch back won't turn on the park light function. However you could tap the parking wire on 7444 to the little led on the side to turn both on.

I would skip Vled for all their leds. Way overpriced and will break soon or later. Get the Philips leds for all your need (921, 194, 168, H11 fogs) and for 7440/7443/7444 get Putco leds. Both Putco & Philips come with lifetime or 12 years warranty. Putco brightness will be same as filament stock and half the price compare to Triton which just a bit brighter but required external controller and complicated wiring.
Wow! Thanks for the tip on Putco...
For the front and rear turn signals, I'm going to go with these Plasma LEDs. I hope they show nice and bright during daytime as they will at night. https://store.putco.com/ProductDetai...=6179&CartID=1
For reverse, these Plasma LEDs: https://store.putco.com/ProductDetai...=6182&CartID=2
For rear-brakes: https://store.putco.com/ProductDetai...=6172&CartID=3

What do you think?
Are they really only marginallt less bright than the Tritons?

THANKS!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbobot View Post
Wow! Thanks for the tip on Putco...
For the front and rear turn signals, I'm going to go with these Plasma LEDs. I hope they show nice and bright during daytime as they will at night. https://store.putco.com/ProductDetai...=6179&CartID=1
For reverse, these Plasma LEDs: https://store.putco.com/ProductDetai...=6182&CartID=2
For rear-brakes: https://store.putco.com/ProductDetai...=6172&CartID=3

What do you think?
Are they really only marginallt less bright than the Tritons?

THANKS!

Here is my newest recommended:

Signal front & rear:

Rear red & stop:

For reverse get the philips 921:

Interior dome/map:

Those amber signal & red stop are the same brightness as triton for a fraction of the price and still cheaper than putco. Solid built, direct fit replacement compare to Triton external wiring and controller, the only downside they are come with only 1 year warranty and I don't know how long they will last. LOL

The rear red driving and stop intensity different are great just like filament bulbs and they are non-polarity.

I just replaced all my Triton and Putco with those and couldn't be happier.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Cool... Did you have to run any resistors for the signals? Or brakes for that matter?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 05:04 AM

Mine is 2011 so I changed my blinker relay with tap turn led relay and no resistor need for my blinker. Your is 2017 so you can't change blinker relay then you'll need 3ohm 50w resistor for each side (suggest mount on the front).

For brake light I don't think you'll need resistor. (2011 have factory led brake light)

On my other cars I have 3ohm 50w resistor for each side to cure the hyper flash, and none of them required resistor for reverse or stop lights. (Mazda, Prius, Lexus)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:41 AM

Does Putco offer life-time warranty any more? All i see is a 1yr.

Any recommendation for Front turn signal LED's with dual colors (amber/white)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbihue View Post
Does Putco offer life-time warranty any more? All i see is a 1yr.

Any recommendation for Front turn signal LED's with dual colors (amber/white)
Switch back white/amber for Sienna, as bright as Triton V3:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onexcite View Post
Switch back white/amber for Sienna, as bright as Triton V3:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cool, I'll get these.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page