2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd

I own a 2012 Toyota Sienna and I just recieved a letter from Toyota stating I can now update my in dash navigation system disc which I don't like Toyota's navigation anyway but was wondering if anyone knew where you could purchase the dvd somewhere else other than through the Toyota dealerships...thanks for any help anyone has to offer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Re: 2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd

It is possible for a copy to be made...I have seen it being done on the Tundra forums and working just fine.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
2013 Sienna Ltd -
Salsa Red Pearl w/Bisque Interior, BSM, RES - let the customization begin!!!
2010 Prius II - Current MPG 52.4
2009 Highlander Sport 4wd

ROCK THE RED - Let's Go Caps!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Angry Re: 2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd

Do not mess with Boot-leg copys of these DVDs, I did and had to replace the nav-unit. It locked right up on me, $1280.00 for a rebuilt unit. My wife was P-I-S-S-E-D.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbugman View Post
Do not mess with Boot-leg copys of these DVDs, I did and had to replace the nav-unit. It locked right up on me, $1280.00 for a rebuilt unit. My wife was P-I-S-S-E-D.
A forum member discovered a way to make copies of his new disk and he would do it for other interested members. Never had any issues.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
2013 Sienna Ltd -
Salsa Red Pearl w/Bisque Interior, BSM, RES - let the customization begin!!!
2010 Prius II - Current MPG 52.4
2009 Highlander Sport 4wd

ROCK THE RED - Let's Go Caps!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:

To make a copy of the original disc required to use a double layer (DL) DVD. 8GB Data DVD.

If you get the disc locked inside the navi unit because insert wrong version disc, copy disc.... simply just disconnect your battery then reconnect the battery then you can eject the disc. Very simple trick that most dealer won't even know or won't do so they can charge you for a replacement head unit.

Good luck.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
You were ripped off by the dealership

Fully Optioned 2006 Sienna Limited, Full LED Interior including footwells & consoles, 1st & 2nd Row Center Consoles, Full Weathertech Package, 2011 Big Brake Upgrade, Braided Stainless Brake Line Kit, Michelin Defenders, Raammat & Ensolite Insulation, Prestigious Society Navigation Override, Gen 5 Version 14.1 DVD, Motul 8100 5W30 Oil, HID 5000K Foglight Upgrade,Factory HID's Upgrade to Osram 5000K CBI's, 4G Wifi with Antenna, 4G Amplifier with Antenna, Crossbars removed
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onexcite View Post
To make a copy of the original disc required to use a double layer (DL) DVD. 8GB Data DVD.
Use a high quality brand of Dual Layer, IMGBURN works great!
1.create an image file to your hard drive
2.burn from the image file at the slowest possible speed

After having valet steal a copy, I keep my original at home, i use my copy and carry a backup in the car.
GEN 5 V 12.1

Fully Optioned 2006 Sienna Limited, Full LED Interior including footwells & consoles, 1st & 2nd Row Center Consoles, Full Weathertech Package, 2011 Big Brake Upgrade, Braided Stainless Brake Line Kit, Michelin Defenders, Raammat & Ensolite Insulation, Prestigious Society Navigation Override, Gen 5 Version 14.1 DVD, Motul 8100 5W30 Oil, HID 5000K Foglight Upgrade,Factory HID's Upgrade to Osram 5000K CBI's, 4G Wifi with Antenna, 4G Amplifier with Antenna, Crossbars removed
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystewart View Post
Use a high quality brand of Dual Layer, IMGBURN works great!
1.create an image file to your hard drive
2.burn from the image file at the slowest possible speed

After having valet steal a copy, I keep my original at home, i use my copy and carry a backup in the car.
GEN 5 V 12.1
Can anyone make these nav DVD's and probably put them sale for a reasonable price with instructions as to how to instal them?

My sincere apologies if this is an inappropriate request.

Thanks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Supporting Member

Publicly, nope

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystewart View Post
Publicly, nope
I've got an in box looking for PM if anyone interested in getting rid of a copy......

2012 Toyota Sienna Limited: Blizzard White over Grey with all OEM packages
Sold: 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited: Stratosphere Mica over Grey with all OEM packages
2013 Honda Accord EX-L NAV V6: Modern Steel Metallic over Grey

Tags
2013, dvd, gps, navigation, toyota

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page