Aftermarket Headlamps? - Page 2 - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:51 AM

Garage
Re: Aftermarket Headlamps?

There's a used OEM 2000 driver's side headlight on ebay right now for 40 bucks shipped, you could test fit the unit and see if it bolts up correctly, if it doesn't you can still bake off the glass front and seal it to your housing. You just toss the whole thing in the oven, one company recs 270F for 7 mins, others say 220 for 20 mins. Then you just pull it apart with your hands, replace the front, put in a new strip of butyl rubber and bake it back shut. Looks like you don't even need to remove the bumper to get the 1st gen headlights out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:00 PM
iRt

I've attached a couple of pics of my 2000 Sienna's passenger side headlamp, maybe you can see if there's something that would rule out it being swappable with the later plastic ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2000 SIENNA HEADLAMP 1.jpg (315.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 2000 SIENNA HEADLAMP 2.jpg (207.9 KB, 10 views)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

OK, thanks for all the info. I'll try a glass headlight and see how it fits if I can score it for $40 or so. I might need more tips on baking, but we can cross that bridge later.

2002 Sienna LE (silver)

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 AM
iRt

It seems like a long shot but I just saw this http://www.toyota.com/support/contact-us where you can ask Toyota questions. I would expect them to have zero "out of the box" thinking and probably will only suggest putting the original part on any particular vehicle but who knows.

You could also phone a dealer and maybe they've come across this.

Another thought was that there's some Toyota parts places online that have exploded diagrams and if you look up say a 2000 and a 2002 you could compare the part numbers and see if there's anything different in the parts around the headlamps in each, i.e. if the only different part is the actual headlamp then it would probably be a straight swap.

Last edited by iRt; 01-12-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page