Possible to add 8th seat to 7 passenger Sienna?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible to add 8th seat to 7 passenger Sienna?

Possible to add 8th seat to 7 passenger Sienna?

As the title says, is it possible to convert a 7 passenger van to an 8 passenger? Is it as easy as buying a seat from the dealer/junkyard? Sorry if already posted, I searched.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Re: Possible to add 8th seat to 7 passenger Sienna?

I dont think so, casue if you see the floor of you 7 seater van, the locking achor position for the seats are different for a 7 seater v/s an 8 seater.....also the 7 seater middle row seats are wider and more plush that the 8 seater verison.....thats my 2cents........but if some one can throw more light on this subject I would be intrested as well.

Thanks
    Javed Khan
    6000K HID bulbs all round head light and fog lights
    Lolloyd's rubber mats all round
    Air Lift kit
    OEM color matched running board
    Installed OEM toyota Dual port hitch system
    I pod hook up kit
    Dual piston 2011 Sienna brake upgrade
    Bug Deflector
    LED interior bulbs all round
    Bull Dog Remote strater
    Parrot blue tooth system
    Other Ride - Mercedes Benz [ 2007-C280 4matic & 2002-C230 6MT Kompressor]

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by javvy
    I dont think so, casue if you see the floor of you 7 seater van, the locking achor position for the seats are different for a 7 seater v/s an 8 seater.....also the 7 seater middle row seats are wider and more plush that the 8 seater verison...
    Exactly. The floor mounts and the seats themselves are different, so there is no straightforward way to add the eighth seat to a 7-passenger Sienna.

When we were looking at the different siennas, between 7 and 8 passenger models, we noticed that in the 8 passenger model, the 2 outer seats looked more narrow, and the didn't have arm rests. This must have been so the 8th seat could be added. I don't know about the floor mounts.
    05 Sienna LE

It cannot be done. The floor is different between a 7 and 8 seater and cannot be modified without replacing the floor plan. That is a shame because on my 1st gen Odyssey I can swap out mounting plates and go from the bench seat to bucket seats fairly easily.
    2004 Sienna LE 7 in White 156K miles w/ alloys, power sliding door, homelink, trip computer, DVD, DRL mod.
    1995 Odyssey LX in White 246K miles.

Okay, one more question, if it's not possible to add an 8th seat, how about moving one of the 2nd row seats to the middle of the van? So the 2 seats in the 2nd row could be right next to each other, allowing easy access to the 3rd row. Is that possible?

The right seat can be mounted either by the right door or next to the left seat leaving a pathway to the back row. Take a close look at the floor mounts and you should see the extra lugs in the middle.
    Rob D.

Owner:
    http://www.notebookpowerjacks.com

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by megapixle
    Okay, one more question, if it's not possible to add an 8th seat, how about moving one of the 2nd row seats to the middle of the van? So the 2 seats in the 2nd row could be right next to each other, allowing easy access to the 3rd row. Is that possible?
    Yep....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Sienna LE, Silver shadow pearl, DRL
    Sound Insulated with Peel and Seal
    MB Quart Rear Separates
    Chrome LED Side view mirror covers
    Polished SS exhaust tip
    glovebox LED light
    uluahunter LED lightstrip mod (24 LED rear amber turn signals and 120 LED brake light)
    96 LED rear storage light

Quote Originally Posted by megapixle
    Your owner's manual will show you how to do this. That is how we keep ours, like a 2 seat bench. Easier for the older 2 kids to get into the back that way.
    2004 Sienna LE 7 in White 156K miles w/ alloys, power sliding door, homelink, trip computer, DVD, DRL mod.

Supporting Member

Mine are the same as robster's.........what I was thinking is that keep the 2 center captains seats seperate lower the arm rest on the inside and then try to stove in the center small seta from an Highlander or Honda Odessey. I tried the odessey one as my neighbour has one but it did not fit, how about the one from an highlander........I am talking about the center 1/4 seats.....onces it fits then will come the more challenging part of finding a way to anchor them on the floor..........but fitment first is necessary............anyone any thoughts
    6000K HID bulbs all round head light and fog lights
    Lolloyd's rubber mats all round
    Air Lift kit
    OEM color matched running board
    Installed OEM toyota Dual port hitch system
    I pod hook up kit
    Dual piston 2011 Sienna brake upgrade
    Bug Deflector
    LED interior bulbs all round
    Bull Dog Remote strater
    Parrot blue tooth system
    Other Ride - Mercedes Benz [ 2007-C280 4matic & 2002-C230 6MT Kompressor]

Supporting Member

Securely fitting an extra seat in the middle row of a second-gen seven-seater would presumably involve anchoring it to the inboard floor mount points for the passenger-side seat; however, there are only two of them so the seat capacity would be low and some sort of stabilizing link to the other seats would presumably be in order.

Javvy, I would be hesitant to try and add a third seat like that. I wouldn't trust that kind of modification in case of an accident.

cpm

Quote Originally Posted by robster View Post
    It cannot be done. The floor is different between a 7 and 8 seater and cannot be modified without replacing the floor plan. That is a shame because on my 1st gen Odyssey I can swap out mounting plates and go from the bench seat to bucket seats fairly easily.

Hi robster, i have been looking for information on how to do this on my 1997 Honda odyssey ex - ("1st gen Odyssey I can swap out mounting plates and go from the bench seat to bucket seats fairly easily") could you help me out with this. i called the dealer and they said that the floor was different between the Lx modle and the EX. how did you change the floor plates ?

Thanks for the help.

15. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements