Wiring diagram for side mirrors on sienna limited
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wiring diagram for side mirrors on sienna limited

Wiring diagram for side mirrors on sienna limited

Anyone have the wiring diagram for the sienna limited? Specifically, the 2007 if you have it. I do have one for the LE\XLE (see attached) and the plug to the switch looks a little different from the Limited.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Wiring diagram for side mirrors on sienna limited

Is this what you were looking for?
    Current: 11 Sienna Limited (Silver), 13 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4x4 CCLB DRW (White)
    Former: 09 Avalanche LTZ, 06 Sienna Limited, 04 Cadillac Escalade EXT, 00 Chevrolet Silverado, 00 GMC Envoy, 88 Chevrolet K1500, 86 Chevrolet Corvette, 82 Plymouth TC3

Yes, that's exactly it.

You wouldn't happen to have the one coming from the mirrors too, would you? Also looking for the wiring color code from the mirrors.

Thanks.

On a related question. Is there a way to change it so that the power folding mirrors automatically fold in when the car is placed in park or turned off? (maybe a computer setting). (or the opposite: folding mirrors are always in except when the car is started or put in gear).

Alternatively, anybody know how I could make this modification myself by splicing wires or something?

Let us know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by michelb
    On a related question. Is there a way to change it so that the power folding mirrors automatically fold in when the car is placed in park or turned off? (maybe a computer setting). (or the opposite: folding mirrors are always in except when the car is started or put in gear).

Alternatively, anybody know how I could make this modification myself by splicing wires or something?

Let us know. Thanks.
    I have not seen it, but you can wire up anything. It is just a matter of complexity, time and cost. There is no customization feature to implement auto fold. The Limited's mirror fold button works through the body ECU. I guess it would be possible to run a line from the transmission park/neutral switch via a relay to the mirror fold input to the ECU. The trick is to mimic the button function using its normal connections while you direct it via other means, hence the relay.
    Current: 11 Sienna Limited (Silver), 13 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4x4 CCLB DRW (White)
    Former: 09 Avalanche LTZ, 06 Sienna Limited, 04 Cadillac Escalade EXT, 00 Chevrolet Silverado, 00 GMC Envoy, 88 Chevrolet K1500, 86 Chevrolet Corvette, 82 Plymouth TC3

Quote Originally Posted by Narboza

I have not seen it, but you can wire up anything. It is just a matter of complexity, time and cost. There is no customization feature to implement auto fold. The Limited's mirror fold button works through the body ECU. I guess it would be possible to run a line from the transmission park/neutral switch via a relay to the mirror fold input to the ECU. The trick is to mimic the button function using its normal connections while you direct it via other means, hence the relay.
    Thanks for the quick response. I figured there was nothing in the computer for it. If I get around to figuring out how to make it work, I'll try to document it for others who might be interested (winter is almost over in our end of the world so I was going to at this in the next few weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by bill_toyota
    You wouldn't happen to have the one coming from the mirrors too, would you? Also looking for the wiring color code from the mirrors.
    Perhaps this will help.

That helps a lot. Thanks again.

Thanks to Narboza and the wiring diagrams, I was finally able to install the reverse tilt mirror from kptechnologies.

http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/13

Some notes, because I have a Sienna Limited, the install was not as straight forward as the instructions from kptechnologies.

The control on the Sienna Limited sends commands to the mirror CPU in the door of the sienna so the connections had to be made at the mirror in the door and not the controls on the dash. Also, because of the way the wiring is, some wiring had to be "cut" via a relay during reverse to get it to act properly. A full write up will be coming when I get some time. Stay tuned.

Supporting Member

Question for Narboza: Where did these two files come from? I'm always looking for more up to date info for my '08. Thanks!!
    '08 Sienna LE (FWD) in Slate Metallic, '02 and '14 Subaru Outback wagons
    Sienna:
    Enabled DRL & VIP RS3200 Security
    Curt 13256 2 receiver hitch & Air Lift 1000 rear spring bags
    Fog lights, mud guards, & door sill protectors
    Avery Touring custom grey carpet 3 piece floor mat set
    Continental Extreme Winter on Sport Edition F7 rims, TMPS & ATEQ reset tool
    8yr/125k $0 deductible Platinum warranty

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibber2
    Question for Narboza: Where did these two files come from? I'm always looking for more up to date info for my '08. Thanks!!
    They are extracts from particular portions of the 2007 Sienna Repair Manual. I have a TIS subscription at the moment as a part of a side business some friends and I have. This kind of stuff is easy to find in their online system. I pasted them into Word to get the PDF.

Supporting Member

Understood..... I was hoping that maybe there was a full manual available out there somewhere for the downloading. Good luck with your business!

I did find on a Camry site a link for the 2GR-FE engine and everything on the car that is specific to that combo. A solid 1000 pages. Not an exact match for the Sienna, but so much of it is close enough... I posted that on the "How To Guides" yesterday
    '08 Sienna LE (FWD) in Slate Metallic, '02 and '14 Subaru Outback wagons
    Sienna:
    Enabled DRL & VIP RS3200 Security
    Curt 13256 2 receiver hitch & Air Lift 1000 rear spring bags
    Fog lights, mud guards, & door sill protectors
    Avery Touring custom grey carpet 3 piece floor mat set
    Continental Extreme Winter on Sport Edition F7 rims, TMPS & ATEQ reset tool
    8yr/125k $0 deductible Platinum warranty

I put a how to up here: http://www.siennachat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4304.0

Not the best write up but better than nothing

15. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements