cost of 100K Tune up
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cost of 100K Tune up

Supporting Member

cost of 100K Tune up

HI,

I am at 105K on my 2000 Sienna. It's time for the tune up. My mechanic estimated the cost at @ $330. How does that sound as an estimate? I do the oil change myself, so that saves a little cash.

Thanks

Rod
    Rod
    2000 Sienna LE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Re: cost of 100K Tune up

Ask them what it involves. You maybe able to do most of it yourself.
    They'll probably change the spark plugs, wires, air filter, transmission fluid, cabin filter, tire rotation and a whole bunch of 'checks'.
    I doubt they'll give you any discounts even if you do oil changes yourself.
    2006 LE 8 Salsa Red
    87,xxx miles
    Michelin Defender Tires
    K&N Filter

That price seems low to include a timing belt. If you can change your oil, and if you have time and a few sockets, and socket extenders, you could probably change your spark plugs and everything else required at the 90,000-mile level. The timing belt change is more involved, and I think it is worth it to pay for that maintenance. Is that what you mean by "the tune up?"

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjksr02
    That price seems low to include a timing belt. If you can change your oil, and if you have time and a few sockets, and socket extenders, you could probably change your spark plugs and everything else required at the 90,000-mile level. The timing belt change is more involved, and I think it is worth it to pay for that maintenance. Is that what you mean by "the tune up?"
    Your questioning is correct. The tune up doesn't include the timing belt. I had that done by the mechanic at @90K. My experience with tune ups in the past were with older cars where the tune ups were required every 30K or so for plugs and points. With the larger tune up at every 90K, I have no experience. I didn't have any money to have the plugs changed at the time of the timing belt change, so I just waited, but felt, that I should do it now.

The tune up was basically the labor for changing the plugs and checking out the pcv valve which looked okay. I just took that suggestion from another thread. Having read about the difficulty of changing the rear plugs and the "how to" thread, it was more than I wanted to tackle. The tune up was today. As it happened, they were struggling to get the spark plug wires removed from the spark plugs, even with removing the parts above the rear spark plugs. He recommended putting in a new set of wires just to make sure, nothing had been broken in the original set of wires. So, there was some extra expense, but I trust the mechanic, who I have been going to for over 15 years.

Cheers.

Rod
    Rod
    2000 Sienna LE

6. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements