2015 Toyota Sienna SE Premium - Navi powers down while driving - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JaTe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

2015 Toyota Sienna SE Premium - Navi powers down while driving

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to share an issue. I own a 2015 Sienna SE with Premium package with 9k miles.

When using the navigation, the whole unit will power down and reboot back to either the "warning screen" or the main menu. The previous destination info is lost and needs to be reentered. It happened 3 times within 1 hour.

I took it to the dealer and they said they could not do anything since it could not be "reproduced." I even tried showing them the video I have of it, and they said that it wasn't enough to warrant a look.

I spoke to corporate Toyota and they recommend taking multiple videos of each instance since most dealerships will not fix anything that can't be reproduced. They will call me back since the Local dealership would not look at it.

I just wanted to share this in case anyone has the same issue. It is tough to be told your new car has problems.

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Re: 2015 Toyota Sienna SE Premium - Navi powers down while driving

Update: Toyota dealer reflashed and updated the Navigation/radio for the Sienna SE and everything is faster, esp when inputting the destination via the keyboard. I purchased a 2015 Toyota Sienna SE in January 2015, and it was an early build one. The newer Sienna's should not have the problem per the dealer, just the early 2015 models.

Just wanted to share if your navi powers down or it is super slow and you purchased a 2015 Sienna in early 2015, you may need to have the dealer update the navigation/radio software at your next maintenance. Keep in mind, also my dealership did not want to do this. I had to show them a video of the Navi powering down while driving and filing a complaint with Toyota USA and then the dealer agreed to look into it.

Josh
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no8rainer View Post
Update: Toyota dealer reflashed and updated the Navigation/radio for the Sienna SE and everything is faster, esp when inputting the destination via the keyboard. I purchased a 2015 Toyota Sienna SE in January 2015, and it was an early build one. The newer Sienna's should not have the problem per the dealer, just the early 2015 models.

Just wanted to share if your navi powers down or it is super slow and you purchased a 2015 Sienna in early 2015, you may need to have the dealer update the navigation/radio software at your next maintenance. Keep in mind, also my dealership did not want to do this. I had to show them a video of the Navi powering down while driving and filing a complaint with Toyota USA and then the dealer agreed to look into it.

Josh
What's interesting is around here they are still waiting for the "update". Mine is just lost in space, GPS signal light is off. Can't understand why they don't just reset it to factory original since it was working when we got the van.

Idiots.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no8rainer View Post

Josh
What's the build date of your sienna? Bought mine months before yours with no problem so far.

MODS:
*** 5 min horn mod [HERE] *** Glovebox lighting mod [HERE] *** 2011-2014 LED Turn Signal Mirrors [HERE]
*** OEM Shark Antenna Mod [HERE]
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Mine has done it a couple times so far. I'll have dealer check it out at next service
rookiesienna likes this.

'15 Toyota Sienna Limited Premium AWD
'13 Subaru WRX STi
'07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:47 PM

2015 Toyota Sienna SE Premium - Navi powers down while driving

I just got back from the dealership with an updated for my nav. Hopefully this will fixed my reboot issue. I was told by them that I cab goto Toyota website and get the update myself. Install can be done via USB flash drive. Does anyone know how? If so please share. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by rookiesienna; 01-12-2017 at 09:15 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 04:50 PM

I have the same problem with spontaneous reboots of my Entune system while driving.

I registered as the owner of my vehicle and unusccessfully searched http://www.toyota.com/entune/support/ with terms like "reboot" "reflash" "usb update" etc. I wasn't able to find anything useful.

Looks like a trip to the Toyota dealer with a printout of this thread is in order. Thanks to everyone who already noted the problems and solution.

J Robert Burgoyne

2015 Limited Premium AWD Blizzard Pearl / 15K miles
- NYC Resident
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:44 AM

i had this issue with my 2014 Tundra. Only when I had a destination entered in the GPS. A software update took care of the issue.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:06 PM

Even after the update from the dealer I just got 3-5 reboots over the weekend. Anyone else ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:06 PM

I first communicated with Toyota by submitting an online form. I got a call back two days later from their national support team. Toyota moved this team out of Southern California to Plano, Texas. The person I talked with was pleasant, but he had no knowledge of this issue, and no capabilities to find the issue using any resources at his disposal. This person completely discarded the validity of any information in this forum and any other online forums. Seems like Toyota needs to up their game like JetBlue and others, and monitor social media.

The Toyota rep assigned a case # and referred the issue to the local dealer's service manager, who called me back, left a message, and I talked with him today. The local service manager knew of this issue. He said he's seen it twice, once where a software update fixed the problem and another time where the entire unit needed to be replaced.

I'll go to the dealer next week and take the first step of getting the problem taken care of. I'll report back in about 10 days.

2015 Limited Premium AWD Blizzard Pearl / 15K miles
- NYC Resident
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

Just went to the stealership this morning on the on going reboot and freezing issue with the nav. They are totally clueless and not honest and said I need a brand new radio it will be under warranty. My last visit in per my invoice was updated on TSB 0035-16 (Audio: 0101D4 or 010154)but I when and check on my update history on the entune I don't see anything on the update history log. So I started to ask the service manager what version of entune do I have and he wasn't able to give me an answer. I have called Toyota customer experience center myself to find out what version I have. It would be under app > general > software update and Audio: 010129 (would be the firmware version of entune)
If it's just a simple update it's not needed to get a new radio and who knows what firmware is on the new radio. SMH
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM
Devoted Member

Got hit a couple times with this reboot bug and just had mine done at the dealership to repair the issue. It says recall under correction. It did not give anymore details on what they did on the receipt. So far, it has been working properly. Will wait and see.

MODS:
*** 5 min horn mod [HERE] *** Glovebox lighting mod [HERE] *** 2011-2014 LED Turn Signal Mirrors [HERE]
*** OEM Shark Antenna Mod [HERE]
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Can you go to app > general > software update and take a picture and show me what version you have?
Here is how it would look like.
IMG_1020.JPG

Tags
2015, driving, navi, powers, premium, sienna, toyota

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page