Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

2015 LE radio/Bluetooth issue

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BluetoothFrustrated 
#1 ·
Hi folks I'm hoping someone is having a similar problem that I am. On my 2015 Le awd, the Bluetooth connection from my phone continually drops, regardless of the the car being in the driveway or on the road. While in calls, i also get what sounds like a computer generated garbled sound from the speakers. In addition the radio never seems to be able to seek or scan for a radio station even though we live in the ny/philly area where radio stations arw strong. When i manually tune, it comes in fine. I have reset all the settings on the radio, changed phones, and still have no resolution. It went to the dealer and they were unable to replicate the issue (of course....). Anyone else having similar issues??

#2 ·
Did you buy the 2015 Sienna new or used? What is the main phone that you use with this van?

I would recommend making sure your phone is up to date. Erase the Sienna bluetooth profile from the phone and re-start the phone. Completely erase the phone from your van. Then re-connect the phone to the van.

I noticed what you describe happen on a 2015 Camry LE rental. I didn't think too much of it since it was a rental vehicle. I figured it had to do with multiple profiles on vehicle. If you do a web search, you'll see others having this exact issue.

Here's on discussion: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/310-7th-generation-2012/1088906-issue-audio-bluetooth-2015-a.html

#3 ·
So i went and saw another dealer about it today. They claim that there is a software glitch in the Sienna and Tundras and are awaiting a software update from toyota to resolve the radio and bluetooth problems as its a widespread problem. They also suggested as you did to delete phone profiles and reestablish them on the car. Its a new sienna with 6k miles, and we have samsung s4, s6 and my sisters iphone 5s. All same issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.