Window screen clips missing... - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Window screen clips missing...

Hey everybody,

Just got a new-to-us 2011 AWD Limited. Love it. But I don't think it was loved by the PO. The maintenance seems to be in order but seems the kids had their way with some of the interior bits.

For example, the floor trim that surrounds the second-row sliders is pretty wonky and the four window screens are missing the clips that would hold them in the 'up' position. I can fiddle the floor trim, I think. Any idea how those clips fit into the window frame? Has anybody broken and replaced them?

I guess I should also mention that I tried to look at an online parts fiche without any luck...

TIA,
Bill

Last edited by billy bee; 03-13-2017 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added informaiton...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Devoted Member

Re: Window screen clips missing...

I think the clips (HOOK, SUNSHADE) just snap into place but there may be hidden slots they have to fit into as you press them behind the rubber moulding. The part number is 65988-08020 which you can verify at http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_201...55.3_6453.html although it is necessary to register in order to see the diagram on the same page.

Here is one place to buy the hooks but there may be cheaper places: https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/...988-08020.html

2014 Sienna Limited, 2012 Prius v - both Blizzard Pearl with Advanced Technology Package
E-Code rear fog light installation: http://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-m...14-sienna.html
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Geezer. Appreciate it.

Bill

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 PM

Wow that's good to know. Mine missing one too but the dealer fixed it before I took delivery. I think the 2nd gen ones have metal clips welded to the window frame and plastic sleeves go over the metal clips. Stronger but difficult to replace if metal clip breaks off.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD
2012 Toyota IQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page