2015 Sienna XLE - New owner, help w/ Mods in Los Angeles - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

2015 Sienna XLE - New owner, help w/ Mods in Los Angeles

Hi all,

Just purchased my new (pre-owned) Sienna XLE in Dark Mica Grey. I'd like to start with some easy mods so I was hoping you guys could help with some info.

I live in Studio City (Los Angeles), does anyone know of a great shop in the area to help install a front lip for my bumper? Same with side skirts and rear bumper lip?

What are my options in terms of swapping my headlights and fog lights for LED lights? I really like the Lexus style light that has the little LED strip under the main headlight.

Has anyone installed LED lights in the footwells and if so, how are those wired?

Lastly, I am not knowledgeable on the difference between lowering springs and coilovers. Has anyone left the stock wheels on and simply lowered their van a little? Any pics would be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:35 PM

Garage
Re: 2015 Sienna XLE - New owner, help w/ Mods in Los Angeles

You can install a front lip yourself -- I'd never installed one before but it was very straightfoward -- just screwing stuff in, then drilling small pilot holes in clearly marked locations and putting more screws in. I think the side skirts are little more involved (or maybe not?), then the rears should be super easy considering how small they are. These are all things a body shop can do for you too though, just go on Yelp and look up a shop nearby with good reviews and ask them if they'll install aftermarket parts -- chances are good that they won't guarantee the work, but whatever right?

The LED strip light is not plug and play, you'll need to find a way to wire it to your current harness (may involve fashioning a new harness) and may need a DRL controller. It'll be helpful to have a DC power source and multimeter. I made a writeup on this board about how to retrofit the light onto a 2011-2014, but things are probably a bit different on the 2015+. You'll also need to buy the lights themselves. New OEM ones are mega expensive, which leaves lights from salvage vehicles, which will probably have broken tabs and possibly even broken cosmetic internals, which will require you to open up the headlight and glue all that stuff back together. Here are two ebay searches that will help you:
oem sienna headlight (2015,2016,15,16) -2011 -11
oem sienna headlight (right,passenger) (2015,2016,15,16) -2011 -11
The passenger one is harder to find than the driver's side one. I'm assuming this is because when a driver swerves to mitigate a crash, they usually don't swerve so that the impact is hitting the driver's side. You'll still have to weed through these to get rid of the LE and XLE lights by photos too, as you're just looking for Limited or SE lights. All in all, this isn't what I'd classify as an easy mod, although it's very cool.

You should probably own your van a little while before deciding to lower it. After installing the front lip and 350Z exhaust on stock SE suspension, I have to drive like the van is a lowered car already, eg going out of driveways slow at an angle, etc. I had RS-R lowering springs all purchased and ready to go, but after a couple months I decided not to install them. Also, I'm assuming your van is primarily a passenger-carrying vehicle, otherwise you would have gotten a different car. Lowering never makes a ride more comfortable. Coils never make a ride more comfortable. Keep that in mind. There's a guy on the Vankulture group on Facebook who's getting rid of RS-R coils, which have the softest spring rates of any coils for the Sienna, because his "old ass can't take it."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:13 PM

Garage
Re: 2015 Sienna XLE - New owner, help w/ Mods in Los Angeles

Go join the Vankulture community page on facebook and you'll get tons of ideas and insight. There's more help there too. You can also find parts for your van at Vankulture.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas View Post
Hi all,

Just purchased my new (pre-owned) Sienna XLE in Dark Mica Grey. I'd like to start with some easy mods so I was hoping you guys could help with some info.

I live in Studio City (Los Angeles), does anyone know of a great shop in the area to help install a front lip for my bumper? Same with side skirts and rear bumper lip?

What are my options in terms of swapping my headlights and fog lights for LED lights? I really like the Lexus style light that has the little LED strip under the main headlight.

Has anyone installed LED lights in the footwells and if so, how are those wired?

Lastly, I am not knowledgeable on the difference between lowering springs and coilovers. Has anyone left the stock wheels on and simply lowered their van a little? Any pics would be awesome.

Tags
2015, sienna, xle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page