I will tow my 1993 Nissan 240SX with a 2005 Toyota Sienna FWD from my home to race track (about 300 miles) about once a month. The max tow capacity of Sienna is 3500lbs and 240SX is 2700lbs. The tow dolly should be around 500lbs.
Total tow should be 2700+500 = 3200lbs. I think it should be fine with 6 extra rims/tires in the back trunk of Sienna.
I know getting a pickup truck and a trailer is my best solution, but I don't have enough garage space for storing a trailer. So, tow dolly is my best option right now.
I am very new to towing/tow dolly. Could you confirm these are all I need for towing my 240SX with Sienna?
1) 2005 Toyota Sienna tow receiver (Part number: 78270) $149.95
2) Class II Ball Mount 3-1/4" Drop $19.95 (I am not how much drop is needed)
3) 2" Hitch Ball, 2-9/16" Shank Length $10.95 (Shank diameter 3/4")
4) T-One Vehicle (Custom Fit For The 2005 Toyota Sienna Van) $43.89
5) Magnetic Towing Light Kit, 20 ft. Long Cord $39.95
6) DEMCO TOW-ITâ„¢ 2 TOW DOLLIES $1799.99
Did I miss anything? Will my setup work? Any other suggestions?
Another question that I have is the hitch pin? Do I need it?