2018 redesign - Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

2018 redesign

Any info on the 2018 sienna redesign. I can't find the thread dedicated to that if there is one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Devoted Member

Re: 2018 redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psab630 View Post
Any info on the 2018 sienna redesign. I can't find the thread dedicated to that if there is one.

There has been mainly speculation including my own. The only Toyota press release I've found that is relevant to the 2018 Sienna is this one: http://corporatenews.pressroom.toyot...ndard+2017.htm

Per the above press release, the 2018 Sienna "should" get one of the two versions of Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) since it is not among the excluded models. TSS-C is the simpler version and TSS-P has additional features.

I expect Toyota to up its game significantly with the 2018 Sienna to compete against the recently redesigned Chrysler Pacifica and the upcoming redesigned 2018 Honda Odyssey.

2014 Sienna Limited, 2012 Prius v - both Blizzard Pearl with Advanced Technology Package
E-Code rear fog light installation: http://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-m...14-sienna.html
post #3 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:20 AM

A lot of very good models are up and coming from what you can tell from the latest car shows. You may want to keep your eyes peeled for other models that are on the same spectrum as the Sienna because you never know what might next pop up on the radar!

post #4 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:01 PM

If this is a redesign year, judging from Toyota's design direction I'm dreading it. There's a lot of sheet metal to origami with.
leonard1818 likes this.
post #5 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtvan View Post
If this is a redesign year, judging from Toyota's design direction I'm dreading it. There's a lot of sheet metal to origami with.
I completely agree with you. I would hate to see the Sienna depart from a clean bus-like design with huge side windows but I have to remind myself that my "function over form" mentality is outside the mainstream.

Just one look at the similar size 2015-up Toyota Alphard sold in Asia and Russia (or the 2016-up Lexus RX) shows the degree of horror of which Toyota is capable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-up Toyota Alphard.jpg (156.7 KB, 153 views)
gtvan and tigmd99 like this.

2014 Sienna Limited, 2012 Prius v - both Blizzard Pearl with Advanced Technology Package
E-Code rear fog light installation: http://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-m...14-sienna.html
post #6 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Every time I see an RX350 I'm stunned at the entire chain that ushered it into physicality...from designers to buyers. I don't even understand what I'm looking at. And that back seat...ugh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RX350.jpg (97.4 KB, 133 views)
post #7 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:11 PM

I been waiting for the longest time for the new model. Cant find anything on the designs but I'm sure some of the specs.
An eight-speed and a revised 2GR-FKS engine adding Toyota's D4-S direct injection fuel system.
The new engine increased power to 296 hp (221 kW), with torque increased to 263 lbft (357 Nm)
post #8 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
I been waiting for the longest time for the new model. Cant find anything on the designs but I'm sure some of the specs.
An eight-speed and a revised 2GR-FKS engine adding Toyota's D4-S direct injection fuel system.
The new engine increased power to 296 hp (221 kW), with torque increased to 263 lbft (357 Nm)
Those are same specs as on 2017 Sienna....

2017 Sienna Limited Premium Silver/Chestnut
2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD with TECH
post #9 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Well the new oddysey redesign is out this week, so expect something soon. I'd like to see a more luxurious option but as a sienna van. We've been looking at the RX but it is too small, the practicality and space of the Sienna can't be matched with an SUV of similar exterior dimensions. But we want the nice interiors of a Lexus in a sienna. May be expecting too much from Toyota given Siennas image as a boring appliance by the general car buying masses.
post #10 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Well the new oddysey redesign is out this week, so expect something soon. I'd like to see a more luxurious option but as a sienna van. We've been looking at the RX but it is too small, the practicality and space of the Sienna can't be matched with an SUV of similar exterior dimensions. But we want the nice interiors of a Lexus in a sienna. May be expecting too much from Toyota given Siennas image as a boring appliance by the general car buying masses.
How much are you willing to pay for Lexus interior? Top of line Sienna is already running $45-50,000. That's plenty of high for me. It is already pretty darn quiet on the road, rides extremely well, and has great powertrain.
leonard1818 likes this.

2017 Sienna Limited Premium Silver/Chestnut
2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD with TECH
post #11 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:26 PM

anyone heard anything?
post #12 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I would be all over a Lexus F-sport version of the Sienna. We have a loaded Limited and it gets close. But a bit more sound isolation, better than 4-way seats, ML sound, bigger wheels and standard big brake kit, etc. I'd easily pay another 20K for it.

As it is, the Limited is pretty decent. The main thing they need is weight reduction. It is brutal on brake pads.
100713 likes this.
post #13 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
My wife has the 2015 RX350 and my business car to take clients around is a 2009 RX350. Plus I traded my 2014 IS350 F Sport for the van. The limited has all the features of the lexus and the room needed for my family. We hated driving two vehicles in the weekend or vacation. Before purchasing my van, we test drove the Acura MDX, GX460, and Highlander. We were focus on finding a balance between space, technology, and fuel economy. This van met our needs and had everything except wood steering wheel, ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers, and LED headlights. But i love the heated steering wheel which we didn't have before. It has the same engine and tranny as the RX350 and consumes regular gas.

You can't compare an RX350 with the Sienna. They are not in the same category. First the new RX350 looks hideous. The interior looks nice with the piano trim and seat stitching, but after that there is nothing else. Both the RX350 and IS350 joystick suck. It's nice at first, but the response time is simply slow when you really need to use it.

At the end of the day you should ask yourself do you really need the space?

2017 Sienna Blizzard Pearl Limited
post #14 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:25 AM
Devoted Member

Toyota has made announcements in the past that the Sienna will be redesigned for the 2018 model. With no inside information, I would guess that it will be revealed in a month at the Chicago Auto Show. This is the only show left on the auto circuit where new models are typically released.

Edit, just realized that the New York show is in April.

Last edited by happycamper; 01-12-2017 at 12:39 PM.
post #15 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Devoted Member

From what I've heard Toyota is suppose to change style similar to Alphard or Veilfire like Geezer1 was saying. just have to wait and see a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page