2004+ Sienna Tire/Wheel Specifications & Lugnut Torque
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum – General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2004+ Sienna Tire/Wheel Specifications & Lugnut Torque

Supporting Member

2004+ Sienna Tire/Wheel Specifications & Lugnut Torque

EDIT: Please read THE ENTIRE thread for this topic to form your own conclusion(s). Please VERIFY your own sizing requirements with Toyota and/or a reputable and experienced wheel/tire reseller.

Posting some specifications I've collected during my years of Sienna ownership...

This one is for 2004 Sienna factory wheel specifications. Make sure you follow these guidelines when equipping your Sienna with aftermarket/replacement wheels. You can go "plus" sizing, but use a reputable wheel/tire shop that knows what they are doing. Also, wheels should be classified as HUB-CENTRIC. Other model years may or may not be applicable.

Additional Data / Specifications:
    Wheel Lugnut Torque = 76 ft/lbs
    Hub Diameter = 60.1 mm (thanks to [kolkh])

These may or may not apply to your Sienna. Please read the details and also verify with Toyota or an authorized Toyota dealer if there have been any updates/revisions for the subject in question. Many of these are "old" and may have been changed on newer model years.

I personally do not have any additional info.

Please share any details of your relevant experience for the future benefit of others.

YMMV.
    Good Luck!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 XLE Ltd FWD Phantom Grey Pearl/Stone // 140K miles
    . Pod-Style Running Boards
    . OEM Hood Deflector (wimpy-version)
    . 'kmead/SeanY' Rear-Wiper Salute
    . 'mungpat' DIY Cabin Air Filter $$$-Saver
    . Michelin HydroEdge (ex-Yokohama TRZ) ... looking for replacements
    . Costco/Kirkland #9 battery
    . Longer front wipers
    . Britax Frontier 90

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Re: 2004 Sienna Wheel Specifications & Lugnut Torque

Thank you very much for this info!
    I have been searching for a Toyota reference, but could not find anything about wheel offsets.

I would like to mention one additional number:
    hub diameter is 60.1 mm.

'06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

Supporting Member

Thanks, [kolkh] for the additional data/spec.

I will update the original post to reflect that and to maintain all of the relevant data in one place.
    . Longer front wipers
    . Britax Frontier 90

that seems to be the general specs for toyota/lexus also.
    11 SE- SILVER SKY METALLIC-Moonroof and Preferred Package

9" DVD monitor headrests [5000k HID] [LEDs][AVS window visors][Homelink compass mirror][Pioneer 6x9"][P.S. LED reflectors]

Supporting Member

I visited local Toyota Canada parts department, asked question about 16" wheel offset and got the same answer as I'd gotten from other 2 Canadian sources: all Gen-II Siennas (i.e. with 16" and 17" wheels) have 45 mm offset... He did look at his charts before answering! All rim dimensions are the same as in Camry.

I am not sure what it is: cross-border differences? local preferences? Yes, there are explainable differences - some time intervals in Maintenance Schedules are different in the U.S. and in Canada: Toyota Canada thinks we need to visit them more often... harsh weather!
    '06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

Quote Originally Posted by kolkh
    I visited local Toyota Canada parts department, asked question about 16" wheel offset and got the same answer as I'd gotten from other 2 Canadian sources: all Gen-II Siennas (i.e. with 16" and 17" wheels) have 45 mm offset... He did look at his charts before answering! All rim dimensions are the same as in Camry.
    Kolkh - any chance they mention if the rim dimensions are the same as the Highlander? I'm looking for new shoes for my '07 LE, but can't stomach paying dealer price for the Sienna alloys (over $400.00 each!) - might have a line on some take-offs from a Highlander, but I want to know if they'll fit.

Supporting Member

I did not ask!

...well, could you find rim specification for HighLander? We will compare with post # 1. All other dimensions (apart from offset) are definitely the same as in post 1 - I did spend my time and found them independently...

I might have HighLander specifications in a day or two.
    '06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

Supporting Member

I visited local Toyota Canada parts department, asked question about 16" wheel offset and got the same answer as I'd gotten from other 2 Canadian sources: all Gen-II Siennas (i.e. with 16" and 17" wheels) have 45 mm offset... He did look at his charts before answering!
    That's interesting, given that the attached photo is what the inside of one spoke of my original equipment 2004 Sienna LE wheels look like...

Yes, that's a wheel size of 16x6-1/2JJ, and the number "50", which logically would be the offset in millimetres. I measured this wheel's offset myself long ago, and I think (although I could be mistaken) that it was 50 mm... I am now curious enough to check, except that wheels are on the van and I'm not quite curious enough to take one off just to measure.

It's not that I don't have absolute faith in Toyota dealerships... okay, it is that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supporting Member

1. Before posting, I had contacted topspy, who is pretty much sure he posted a Toyota document. Thus, there are no doubts that we have a valid reference.

2. For 2004-2008 model years, difference of 5 mm in offset between 16" and 17" wheels is indirectly supported by Sienna tech specs. In the U.S. and in Canada, tread width (i.e. distance between, say, front wheels [centers]) is different for 16" and 17" tires as if Toyota wants to maintain the same gap between the wheel and non-moving parts compensating for the tire width difference by, presumably, setting different offset.

For 2009 model year, situation is not clear, Canadian brochure might have an error. We need to look at Owner's Manual.

2008 Sienna Specifications (Canada)
    tires: P215/65R16 Tread Front: 1665 (65.6) Rear: 1700 (66.9)
    Tires P225/60R17 Tread Front: 1675 (65.9) Rear: 1710 (67.3)

2009 Sienna Specifications (U.S.):
    tires: P215/65R16 Tread width (front/rear) (in.) 65.6/66.9
    tires:P225/60R17 Tread width (front/rear) (in.) : 65.9/67.3
    '06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

Supporting Member

Very good spotting, kolkh.

If going from the 16" setup to the 17" setup reduces the offset by 5 mm (from 50 mm to 45 mm), then each wheel centre plane moves 5 mm outward on each side, for an increase in track width (which Toyota lists as "tread" width) of 10 mm total... exactly matching the specs.

So it seems to me that the only evidence that any 16" Sienna wheel has 45 mm offset comes from a parts department and two other Canadian sources... suggesting to me that Toyota Canada has a typo in some information which they provide to their dealers. Hey, it happens: I was given the wrong oil filter for my Focus because Ford had an error in the database which they provide to their dealers.

A few millimetres may not be important, but I agree that the trend here (and in other sizing information from earlier discussions in other forums) suggests that the critical fit point is the clearance from the tire to the suspension, so for every bit the tire is wider than 215 mm, the wheel centre must be offset about half that amount further out to maintain clearance... even if the wheel itself is not wider (note that stock 16" and 17" wheels are both 6-1/2" wide).

Just a note that toyota/lexus are verrrry conservative with their wheel fitment.

Almost any of the 5 lug wheels are interchangeable and you don't have to worry about improper fitment like being too wide since the offsets range mostly in the 45 mm.

I have the 16x7 with +50 offset wheels from a lexus sc400. It looks sunken in like train wheels....slight exaggeration .
    It would be nicer if it's closer/flush with the wheel well.

9" DVD monitor headrests [5000k HID] [LEDs][AVS window visors][Homelink compass mirror][Pioneer 6x9"][P.S. LED reflectors]

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by gs3tek
    I have the 16x7 with +50 offset wheels from a lexus sc400...
    Since I don't believe the 45 mm offset spec for 16" wheels, these Lexus SC400 wheels would have the same 50 mm offset as a stock Sienna 16" wheel, so the centre of the tire is in the same place. The Lexus wheels are 1/2" wider, which would likely add only roughly 6 mm to the tire section width (compared to the same tire on a 6.5" wide wheel), so the clearance between tire and suspension (for the same size tire) would only be about 3 mm less... a pretty close match.

The change in offset between stock fitments appears to me to be done to accomodate tire width, not wheel width.

Quote Originally Posted by gs3tek
    It looks sunken in like train wheels....slight exaggeration
    It would be nicer if it's closer/flush with the wheel well.
    My impression is that the Sienna is a practical vehicle, and thus has practical fender clearance, rather than having the tires nearly hitting the fender lips. I thought that it might be that sharing of drivetrain components between the Camry, Highlander, Sienna, and who knows what else prevented the Sienna track from being wider, to better (aesthetically, at least) match the wide body; however, a current Sienna is not only much wider in the body than a current Camry (for instance), but it also does have a much wider track... maybe just not quite wide enough for gs3tek!

Oh no, I still want my family to travel in comfort.
    But if you look at the other minivans like the odyssey, they have great wheel fitment.

Supporting Member

1. Before posting, I had contacted topspy, who is pretty much sure he posted a Toyota document. Thus, there are no doubts that we have a valid reference.
    Just publicly confirming [kolkh]'s pm to me. The document/image I posted in the first post was sourced from the old website and my recollection is that it was placed there by some "insider" or someone with access to the official specs. Whether or not there is a typo/incorrect info....I don't know.
    . Longer front wipers
    . Britax Frontier 90

2006 Wheel Specs? Need replacement.

{dizzy}

Ok, this thread has me so confused I am wondering if I even own a toyota. I need the right wheel specs here:

2006 Sienna LE AWD. I replaced the run-flats with Yokohama AVID TRZ P225/60/R17 (98T). Non-runflat. Playing dice a little, but I remember on the old siennaclub that a spare *will* fit in the back with considerable, well, persuading.

So I need a cheap wheel for a replacement TRZ to sit in the trunk. I know about replacing tires in groups of 4 on these awd's, so it would only be on temporarily in the case of a flat.

Is the wheel width critical? I was told that these TRZ's I have would have no problem mounting on 7 or 7 1/2. I know about the 114.3, but is the 45mm offset critical or not (so confused as to the conclusions here).

THANKS!

2006 Sienna LE, AWD. Kinda nifty.

17. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements