Spare Tire for the AWD Sienna - Page 3

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum – General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spare Tire for the AWD Sienna

Supporting Member

Re: Spare Tire for the AWD Sienna

The recent topic with the answers to my questions about what fits in the cargo well: 2004 AWD Spare Tire Kit. If this topic stays on the issue of what compact spare can be used with AWD, that one can continue to handle carrying the resulting spare in the cargo well using the Toyota kit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by topspy
    I'd have to dig around as there are already several threads and MANY posts regarding spares....but I do remember a member stating very plainly that a full-size will fit in the rear, but the bracket/cover kit WILL NOT fit properly over it because the kit was designed for a compact-spare.

If concerned about a tire floating around in the rear....you can try to tie it down by anchoring ropes to the various tie-down hooks and or the seat brackets.

If concerned about a flat/clean surface.....you can try to use a sturdy piece of cardboard/fiberboard/plywood/plastic/etc placed on top of the tire. And also put the spare tire in a heavy-duty lawn/yard/trash bag.

Of course, none of those would be as "nice" as a purpose-made, factory-supplied, OEM accessory kit. But they'd likely be a lot le$$ $$$$$.

YMMV.
    Good Luck!! 8)
    Well, the trash bag is certainly enough, and might be necessary to shoehorn the thing into place, because it is purportedly *really* tight. AND you might need it to more easily remove it anyway. And given that, don't worry about anything floating around back there....it doesn't look like it'll move.

Regarding the OEM thing: My dealer said that there is a kit for it, but it removed one of the last seats to be installed. Huh
    2006 Sienna LE, AWD. Kinda nifty.

Supporting Member

The spare mounting kit does not replace a seat, but it does prevent the left-side (larger) part of the third row seat from folding down into the floor; perhaps the dealer just didn't describe this well. See the other topic (linked above) for more detail.

Does anyone know if a Toyota Sienna spare tire (2000-2010) 145/90/17 will fit on my 2008 XLE AWD?

Supporting Member

The standard spare tire for any (AWD or FWD) Generation 2 (2004 to 2010) Sienna is a T155/80R17. Is that the spare tire size of the Gen 1 Sienna?
    '08 Sienna LE (FWD) in Slate Metallic, '02 and '14 Subaru Outback wagons
    Sienna:
    Enabled DRL & VIP RS3200 Security
    Curt 13256 2” receiver hitch & Air Lift 1000 rear spring bags
    Fog lights, mud guards, & door sill protectors
    Avery ‘Touring’ custom grey carpet 3 piece floor mat set
    Continental Extreme Winter on Sport Edition F7 rims, TMPS & ATEQ reset tool
    8yr/125k $0 deductible Platinum warranty

If you are still looking I have a mounted tire that I had as a spare for my 2006 AWD for 100.00

2006 Sienna AWD spare
    2006 XLE Limited AFP

8. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements