Programming remote for 2011 Toyota Sienna...help!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Programming remote for 2011 Toyota Sienna...help!

Programming remote for 2011 Toyota Sienna...help!

Did all the internet suggestion on reprogramming remote for 2011 Sienna.

Is there a right way to do it?

kdx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Programming remote for 2011 Toyota Sienna...help!

1.Place your key into your car's ignition and turn it from "Off" to "On" eight times in quick succession, ending in the "On" position (one click short of turning the car on).
    2.Press any button on your keyless-entry remote to reprogram it. If you want to reprogram any other remotes, press any button on them as well. You can reprogram up to four additional remotes at this time.
    3.Turn your key to the ignition's "Off" position.
    4.Wait for the doors to lock and unlock, exit the car and test your remote to see if the reprogramming was successful.

————uobd2.com

Uh... the 8 time ignition turn-on thing does not work

tcp
    Devoted Member

From the generation two manual:

Following is an explanation and the procedures for each of the possible programming functions. The System is capable of responding to a total of 4 remotes. If you attempt to program more than 4, it will erase the first remote programmed to make room for the next.
    There are four different programming commands when setting up or verifying your remote transmitter, they are:
    1. Add mode, used to add a remote to your system that is not currently registered.
    2. Rewrite mode, used to erase all previously registered remotes and allow you to begin again the programming process.
    3. Confirmation mode, used to verify the number of remotes that are already programmed in your system.
    4. Prohibit mode, to prohibit all remotes from operating the door locks.
    All four modes start with these instructions:
    1) Make sure that the key is not in the ignition, the doors are unlocked, and the driver's door is open.
    2) WITHIN 5 SECONDS, without turning, insert and remove key from the ignition twice. (leave key out)
    3) WITHIN 40 SECONDS, Close and open the driver door twice. (leave door in open position)
    4) Again, insert key into the ignition and remove it. This time only once. (leave key out)
    5) WITHIN 40 SECONDS, Close and open the driver door twice, then close the door.
    6) Insert key into the ignition and leave it in the LOCK position.

1. Add mode:
    A1) Turn the key to "ON" for 1 second, then turn back to "LOCK".
    A2) Remove the key.
    A3) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK" and 1 second later "UNLOCK" (just listen)
    A4) On your remote, press the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 1 to 1 seconds, then let go.
    A5) On your remote, IMMEDIATELY press unlock by itself.
    A6) You’ll get one of three responses:
    R1) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK", then "UNLOCK" once. The remote is accepted. If you want to program another remote, immediately proceed to step A4 with your second remote, otherwise open the driver’s door and the remote is registered.
    R2) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK", then "UNLOCK" twice. Either you didn’t use the same remote in steps A4 and A5(not likely), or this remote was already registered.
    The timing was off when you pressed the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously and then UNLOCK by itself. Immediately press the two buttons together and the unlock by itself again. Keep trying until you get the locks to signal once that you have been successful. Then if you have another remote to program, quickly press its' buttons as before, until you hear the locks signal once. When you are finished, open and close the driver door to lock in the programming.
    R3) If no response, go back to step 1 near the beginning of these instructions.

B. Rewrite mode:
    B1) Turn the key to "ON" for 1 second, turn back to "LOCK" for 1 second, then back to "ON" for 1 second, and finally back to "LOCK" for 1 second
    B2) Remove the key.
    B3) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK", 1 second later "UNLOCK", 1 sec., "LOCK", 1 sec. "UNLOCK". (just listen)
    B4) On your remote, press the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 1 to 1 seconds, then let go.
    B5) On your remote, IMMEDIATELY press unlock by itself.
    B6) You’ll get one of three responses:
    R1) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK", then "UNLOCK" once. The remote is accepted. If you want to program another remote, immediately proceed to step B4, otherwise open the driver’s door and the remote is registered.
    R2) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK", then "UNLOCK" twice. You didn’t use the same remote in steps B4 and B5(not likely).
    R3) If no response, go back to step 1 near the beginning of these instructions.

C. Confirmation mode:

C1) Turn the key in 1 to "ON" and back to "LOCK" in one second intervals for a total of 3 times.

C2) Remove the key.

C3) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" in 2 second intervals. (just listen and count each set)
    1 Set = You have 1 remote registered
    2 Sets = You have 2 remotes registered
    3 Sets = You have 3 remotes registered
    4 Sets = You have 4 remotes registered
    5 Sets = You do NOT have any remotes registered

D. Prohibit mode:
    D1) Turn the key to "ON" and back to "LOCK" in one second intervals a total of 5 times.
    D2) Remove the key.
    D3) You’ll hear the doors "LOCK", 1 second later "UNLOCK" 5 times. (just listen and count each set)
    D4) This will erase all previously registered remotes and cancel the wireless door lock function.

Hello to everyone! My keys where recently stolen so i had my 2006 rav4 rekeyed. But it seemies i need to disprogram the remote reciver because the thief is still getting in.... Some one plzz help

FYI, the manual procedure is "supposed to" work, it supposedly appears in the repair manual, but nobody is able to make it work. I myself tried many times with no luck. So I broke down and bought the techstream mini-VCI cable and software (you can get it for $20 shipped from aliexpress.com), installed the software and hooked up my laptop to my 2011 sienna (there's a connector under the steering wheel), played with the software for a while (there is no manual), and eventually was able to program a pair of used remotes I picked up on ebay.

Does the mini-vci actually come with software that works? From what I can see it only provides the "driver". Don't you still need the techstream subscription at k-bucks?

Yes, the software that came with the cable was enough for me to get the job done, I did not need a subscription. I did not want to wait the extra time for shipping from China so I bought mine here ($31 shipped from California):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281018141252

Quote Originally Posted by j0hhhn View Post
    Yes, the software that came with the cable was enough for me to get the job done, I did not need a subscription. I did not want to wait the extra time for shipping from China so I bought mine here ($31 shipped from California):

A little off topic perhaps but I thought others may also stumble upon this thread when searching for DIY programming options for the alarm feature of a generation 3 LE.

So if I undestand this right the ebay link above gets you a $30 cable with software that is akin to or the same as the Toyota Techstream tool, right? So I should be able to use this to add a second FOB/keyless entry remote and also activate the alarm feature via these steps described here (using a 32bit Windows XP laptop):

http://toyotapart.com/PT398-08102.pdf

Do I have this right?

does the cable and included software actually program the smart key (push button start) or just the remote entry? another threat indicated you need the Techstream Lite softare and TIS subscription.
    does it work on the 6 button silver remote (
    HYQ14ADR ) and/or the 6 button black remote ( GQ43VT20T )?

Could you please provide instructions on the steps you took to program? Was it the silver remote (HYQ14ADR)? Not looking to set up the alarm, just open doors and push button start.

It will be nice to give some instructions to how to program the FOB using the mini-VCI cable. Locksmith and dealers are charging >$100

I have a silver fob, the Denso 14ADR (FCC ID: HYZ14ADR). My Limited Sienna does not have any key, just push button start. And I lose one of the fobs. Any instructions on how to program another fob to be used for my vehicle?

Sorry I don't remember the details, it was a while ago that I did this, but here is what I said about it at the time:

Yes! Unfortunately I was not able to do it "manually", using only the instructions given in the original post. I get the impression that the manual procedure works up to 2010 but not for 2011 and later. But I still wanted to do it myself, so I broke down and bought a mini-VCI cable and techstream software (it is as cheap as $20 shipped from aliexpress.com). It took some effort to figure out the software but I was eventually able to connect my laptop to my 2011 sienna using the mini-VCI cable and program a couple of used remotes I had picked up on ebay.

In case anyone goes this route, a couple of pointers:
    • The techstream software that comes with the cable requires a 32-bit operating system like XP. If you are running a 64-bit version of windows 7 (like me), you will need to first install a 32-bit virtual machine (I used microsoft "XP mode"), and then install the techstream software on the virtual machine.
    • If you do use XP mode, after connecting the cable to the USB port of the laptop you must transfer the USB connection from the main OS to the virtual OS by a pull-down tab from the top of the XP mode window (something like "attach mini-VCI").
    • Buried inside the techstream software is a wizard to step you through the process of programming the remote, I don't remember where it was exactly but I had to dig around for it. I think it might be something like "main body > utilities > wireless registration" or something similarly non-informative.

16. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements