Interior dome lights have stopped working
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum – General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interior dome lights have stopped working

Supporting Member

Interior dome lights have stopped working

I have a problem with the interior dome lights in my 2007 Sienna Le. I noticed the other day that when I open the door, only the lights on the front doors came on. None of the dome lights came on. I can push the front dome lights to turn them on and off but the rear dome lights do not work at all including the light in the cargo area. I immediately suspected a fuse but have not found a blown one anywhere. I checked both fuseboxes... under the hood and under the dash. Also checked the bulbs and they look good. Am I missing a fusebox somewhere? Any help is always appreciated.
    2007 Sienna LE, Silver shadow pearl, DRL
    Sound Insulated with Peel and Seal
    MB Quart Rear Separates
    Chrome LED Side view mirror covers
    Polished SS exhaust tip
    glovebox LED light
    uluahunter LED lightstrip mod (24 LED rear amber turn signals and 120 LED brake light)
    96 LED rear storage light

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Re: Interior dome lights have stopped working

I am wondering Slide Door Courtesy Lights are not working too, i.e. always OFF?

It seems only one fuse may be directly linked to your problem:
    13. DOME 10A

and some other fuses may mess-up:

30. GAUGE2 7. 5A
    14. ECU?B 10A
    39. ECU?IG 10A
    29. ECU ACC 7. 5A
    46. STOP 10A

Are you sure all these are OK? You can find fuse locations on page 518 in your Owner's Manual.

Otherwise, my not-very-educated guesses would be
    a) check contacts in Junction Connector J16, see its location -- picture below (driver front side)
    b) check ground point IG, see its location below (pass. front side)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

Supporting Member

Thanks KOLKH, I did check all the fuses and they did look good but I will check them again just to be sure. Also the side door courtesy lights are working properly but they are the only ones. I will check contacts in Junction Connector J16 and see if that helps. I checked the grounding point and it looked secure and corrosion free. Will get back to you...
    MB Quart Rear Separates
    Polished SS exhaust tip
    glovebox LED light
    uluahunter LED lightstrip mod (24 LED rear amber turn signals and 120 LED brake light)

Supporting Member

Sorry i did not catch you fast enough. I just went out to MY van to see if it was setting problem. IF my main switch on the dash is set to "off" then "only" the front door lights light up and no other "dome" lights.

Were you cleaning the van?? May have turned the main switch to "off" IF so blame the wife (if you are the wife- im up the creek)

ROB
    2004 CE
    AIR LIFT '1000'
    OVERHEAD 'DEALER' DVD
    'HITCH CITY' 2' HITCH
    Support 'SIENNACHAT' HERE

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbalon
    ... Also the side door courtesy lights are working properly but they are the only ones.
    ...and I have think about impact of door courtesy lights... because I have assumed they do not work.
    As to main light switch - it shuts both dom lights and SLIDE door courtesy lights together. Front door lights, indeed, work.
    '06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbalon
    ... Also the side door courtesy lights are working properly but they are the only ones.
    Left hand SLIDE door courtesy light is connected in parallel with Luggage Compartment Light, thus, they should work or malfunction together...
    are you saying that Luggage Compartment Light does not work at all, but Left hand SLIDE door courtesy light works OK?
    Additional question: are you sure you are talking about SLIDE door and not front door courtesy light?

'06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

Supporting Member

Sorry, about the confusion... But yes, Rob you are correct. It was a setting problem... I appreciate your thoughts to not overlook the obvious!!!
    MB Quart Rear Separates
    Polished SS exhaust tip
    glovebox LED light

Supporting Member

wooo-hoooo.

I fixed your van. What do you know about lawns. My front lawn looks like "crap".

Have a good night!

ROB
    2004 CE
    AIR LIFT '1000'
    OVERHEAD 'DEALER' DVD
    'HITCH CITY' 2' HITCH
    Support 'SIENNACHAT' HERE

Supporting Member

Yes, you did!

Ironically, I fixed the same "problem" in my neighboor's van speaking to him in a bus a few days ago.
    ...but in reply #1, I tried to fix a different problem. Let me briefly describe the problem for future readers - if someone faces the same symptoms, the solution is posted.

Symptoms:
    1. front row lights and front door courtesy lights work fine. When I say fine, I mean lights are ON when the main light switch is ON, or when the main light switch is DOOR in combination with opened front door, or pressed light button. In addition, front door courtesy lights are always ON when front door is open.

2. rear row lights, luggage compartment lights and sliding door courtesy lights do not work at all. When I say at all, I mean lights are OFF when the main light switch is ON, or when the main light switch is DOOR in combination with opened sliding door, or pressed light button.

'06 Sienna CE 7 pass FWD
    '07 Camry LE I4 5AT

I have a 2008 XLE Sienna (Original owner, 47K). All of the lights in my Sienna no longer work (dome light, door light, hatch light, visor light, etc). The only "light" that works is the dash light that illuminates the speedometer. I tried to replace the DOME fuse in the box, but when a new fuse is put it, it blows right away. This tells me there is a possible short somewhere, however, I don't know where the short could be? Anyone have this issue? Thanks

Supporting Member

Finding the offending wire, socket, or switch is going to be by process of elimination. I'd begin by turning off all things that have switches - the master on the dash, the luggage compartment light, and close all the doors. Have someone inside and a window open. With everything off, try inserting a fuse. If the fuse survives (take it out and look at it), try turning on a single light at a time inside the van. Front push button lights, the ceiling reading lights, the luggage compartment light. If one of those blows the fuse, you at least have a place to start. If all is still quiet, and with the dash switch off, try opening a front door. Try opening a side door, then the rear liftgate. Still good? Try turning the front dash switch to on. The idea is that something will suddenly blow the fuse, giving you a starting point.

Other approach is to pull open all fixtures and look for obvious damage and possibly a burn mark.
    '08 Sienna LE (FWD) in Slate Metallic, '02 and '14 Subaru Outback wagons
    Sienna:
    Enabled DRL & VIP RS3200 Security
    Curt 13256 2” receiver hitch & Air Lift 1000 rear spring bags
    Fog lights, mud guards, & door sill protectors
    Avery ‘Touring’ custom grey carpet 3 piece floor mat set
    Continental Extreme Winter on Sport Edition F7 rims, TMPS & ATEQ reset tool
    8yr/125k $0 deductible Platinum warranty

I found this thread by searching on Google. I also have a 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE. Mine is the AWD version. I have had dome light issues for the past year, and the dealer can't find the problem. The problem is that the fuse always blows, but it doesn't blow right away. If I replace the fuse, then the lights will work for a week or two, and then bam, in the dark again. The last time I paid the dealer to search, he was convinced that the door lights / courtesy lights in the center console (next to the computer) was the problem and said I needed to pay a gazillion dollars to replace that (computer, everything was one part to replace, he said). He disconnected the wires to those lights and replaced the fuse. Well, the fuse blew again. I keep a supply of fuses and keep replacing them. Its a good thing I didn't replace the center console - because it's lights are disconnected and the problem is still there.
    Has anyone ever actually found a short in theirs? I am thinking that it must be in something that only gets used intermittently - like maybe the wires going to the lights in the visors? Please let me know if any of you have actually found a short. Thanks!

Thanks, Robo 5, I had the same problem on my 2005 Sierra, and in addition, the headlights would not turn off when the car was locked with the remote. Although the switch (to the left of the radio) is marked "interior lights", it affects the headlights, as well as the interior lights.

15. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements