2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd
NEWS

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd

2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd

I own a 2012 Toyota Sienna and I just recieved a letter from Toyota stating I can now update my in dash navigation system disc which I don't like Toyota's navigation anyway but was wondering if anyone knew where you could purchase the dvd somewhere else other than through the Toyota dealerships...thanks for any help anyone has to offer...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd

It is possible for a copy to be made...I have seen it being done on the Tundra forums and working just fine.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    2013 Sienna Ltd -
    Salsa Red Pearl w/Bisque Interior, BSM, RES - let the customization begin!!!
    2010 Prius II - Current MPG 52.4
    2009 Highlander Sport 4wd

ROCK THE RED - Let's Go Caps!!!

Angry Re: 2013 gps toyota sienna navigation dvd

Do not mess with Boot-leg copys of these DVDs, I did and had to replace the nav-unit. It locked right up on me, $1280.00 for a rebuilt unit. My wife was P-I-S-S-E-D.
    Last edited by therealbugman; 11-12-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbugman View Post
    Do not mess with Boot-leg copys of these DVDs, I did and had to replace the nav-unit. It locked right up on me, $1280.00 for a rebuilt unit. My wife was P-I-S-S-E-D.
    A forum member discovered a way to make copies of his new disk and he would do it for other interested members. Never had any issues.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    2013 Sienna Ltd -
    Salsa Red Pearl w/Bisque Interior, BSM, RES - let the customization begin!!!
    2010 Prius II - Current MPG 52.4
    2009 Highlander Sport 4wd

ROCK THE RED - Let's Go Caps!!!

To make a copy of the original disc required to use a double layer (DL) DVD. 8GB Data DVD.

If you get the disc locked inside the navi unit because insert wrong version disc, copy disc.... simply just disconnect your battery then reconnect the battery then you can eject the disc. Very simple trick that most dealer won't even know or won't do so they can charge you for a replacement head unit.

Good luck.
    Last edited by onexcite; 11-13-2012 at 01:38 AM.

You were ripped off by the dealership
    Fully Optioned 2006 Sienna Limited, Full LED Interior including footwells & consoles, 1st & 2nd Row Center Consoles, Full Weathertech Package, 2011 Big Brake Upgrade, Braided Stainless Brake Line Kit, Michelin Defenders, Raammat & Ensolite Insulation, Prestigious Society Navigation Override, Gen 5 Version 13.1 DVD, Millers Nanodrive 5W30 Oil, HID 5000K Foglight Upgrade,Factory HID's Upgrade to Osram 5000K CBI's, 4G Wifi with Antenna, 4G Amplifier with Antenna, Crossbars removed

Quote Originally Posted by onexcite View Post
    To make a copy of the original disc required to use a double layer (DL) DVD. 8GB Data DVD.
    Use a high quality brand of Dual Layer, IMGBURN works great!
    1.create an image file to your hard drive
    2.burn from the image file at the slowest possible speed

After having valet steal a copy, I keep my original at home, i use my copy and carry a backup in the car.
    GEN 5 V 12.1
    Fully Optioned 2006 Sienna Limited, Full LED Interior including footwells & consoles, 1st & 2nd Row Center Consoles, Full Weathertech Package, 2011 Big Brake Upgrade, Braided Stainless Brake Line Kit, Michelin Defenders, Raammat & Ensolite Insulation, Prestigious Society Navigation Override, Gen 5 Version 13.1 DVD, Millers Nanodrive 5W30 Oil, HID 5000K Foglight Upgrade,Factory HID's Upgrade to Osram 5000K CBI's, 4G Wifi with Antenna, 4G Amplifier with Antenna, Crossbars removed

Quote Originally Posted by tonystewart View Post
    Use a high quality brand of Dual Layer, IMGBURN works great!
    1.create an image file to your hard drive
    2.burn from the image file at the slowest possible speed

After having valet steal a copy, I keep my original at home, i use my copy and carry a backup in the car.
    GEN 5 V 12.1
    Can anyone make these nav DVD's and probably put them sale for a reasonable price with instructions as to how to instal them?

My sincere apologies if this is an inappropriate request.

Thanks

Publicly, nope

Quote Originally Posted by tonystewart View Post
    Publicly, nope
    I've got an in box looking for PM if anyone interested in getting rid of a copy......
    2012 Toyota Sienna Limited: Blizzard White over Grey with all OEM packages
    Sold: 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited: Stratosphere Mica over Grey with all OEM packages
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L NAV V6: Modern Steel Metallic over Grey

12. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements