Headlight bulb size??

1. Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum General discussion forum for Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Toyota Sienna Forum - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Sienna.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Sienna Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headlight bulb size??

Headlight bulb size??

Can anyone please tell me what is the headlight bulb size for 2011 Sienna? I am thinking of doing a little upgrade..Thanks..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Sienna Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Headlight bulb size??

RTFM
    2006 XLE Limited AFP

Supporting Member

I believe what komondor means is Read The Fine Manual: the bulbs are all typically listed in the owner's manual (although I don't have access to a 2011 manual to confirm that). In the 2004 manual, this is in a section called "Do-It-Yourself Maintenance" under "Electrical components". The 2004 manual shows how to remove and replace the bulb, as well as listing the number and type.

Also, any manufacturer or retailer of headlight bulbs should have a guide which lists all makes and models and shows which bulb fits; however, the 2011 Sienna might not be listed yet, especially in the printed guides in stores.

Devoted Member

While I believe he had a different word than "Fine" in mind for the F-word in that initialism, and I understand the sentiment, I also believe that there's nothing wrong with using this forum as a resource even when that question is answered in the F-ing owner's manual.

I find the manual actually brings up questions. For instance, the prohibition of aerosol cans from the luggage compartment on page 319 is amusing. Am I to search every purse like I'm the TSA? Does the Camary have the same prohibition? What are the boundaries of the "luggage compartment" of my van? Does it matter if I remove the 2nd row seats? How about if I make the front seat passenger put all aerosol cans in her purse? Why are they less likely to "cause a fire" there?
    2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD with Premium and Convenience packages in South Pacific Pearl over Light Gray purchased 03/31/2010
    • (CF) Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protectors
    • (GN) Cargo Net

Supporting Member

There certainly are some oddities in the owners manual. For instance, it says we are not to use a hitch which is attached to the axle: while you could get an axle-mounted hitch for your Model T, I defy anyone to find such a strange device to attach to the suspension of the Sienna, or any modern vehicle without a solid axle. While using that not-attached-to-the-axle hitch, we are not to tow over 45 mph... hopefully while not getting rear-ended by all the other traffic on the highway!

The 2004 manual uses some uncommon designations for some of the minor bulbs, but clearly uses common terms for the headlight bulbs. I just don't know if they are the same for 2011, so I'll leave the specific information to a reading of the manual.

Help finding stuff in the manual, or interpreting the information found there, seem like good topics for discussion in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ataparag
    Can anyone please tell me what is the headlight bulb size for 2011 Sienna? I am thinking of doing a little upgrade..Thanks..
    Low Beam = H11
    High Beam = 900X, do not remember exactly, could be 9005,9006

is that that you need?

H11 = low and fog
    9005 = high beam

this info is on pg 745 of your manual.

Thanks catalup and ACs

For 2012 models it's on page 796,

Low beams 35~55 W