Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently I observed that the passenger slide door would not pull in and latch. I had to "assist" it to latch by pushing in on the rear part of the door. So I just sprayed into the latch area with a plastic safe electrical cleaner ( CRC, from home depot , electrical aisle) and while doing so exercised the external handle in and out. The door auto feature was deactivated by pushing in the switch on lower panel by your knee when sitting in drivers seat, for this process.. A lot of black goo came out unto the body paint and did not harm it. I sprayed liberally till the latch mechanism was visually clean . The door worked normally after putting back into the auto mode. In hindsight I believe my occasional habit of spraying lithium grease into the latch helped with gumming up the latch. Also I avoided using that door as much as possible given the history of door problems. Hope this helps someone.
Automotive tire Fluid Tin Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
7 Posts
very cool man thanks I wonder if the Sienna like Odysseys have a rubber bumper stop that falls off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts