Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'm looking to buy a Sienna to travel around/sleep in. I've seen a couple 06s nearby and was curious if there are any common issues that I should be aware of going into it. I bought an 01 Corolla years ago and didn't ask this question and ended up with a car that used A LOT of oil.

For what it's worth the one with 150k miles is going for $5,500. The one with 172k miles is going for $4,200 OBO. Both are original owner and supposedly run great.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much!

Best,
Al

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,599 Posts
Being in South Florida I have not had any rust issues. The only auto door is the passenger side and fingers crossed it is still going good (2006 LE). No other door isues. No bearing changes yet at 191k miles. Most of the other stuff..yes , steering rack , axles , struts , shocks , control arms and so forth. I do my best to stay on top of things maintenance wise. The van drives like new...seriously!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being in South Florida I have not had any rust issues. The only auto door is the passenger side and fingers crossed it is still going good (2006 LE). No other door isues. No bearing changes yet at 191k miles. Most of the other stuff..yes , steering rack , axles , struts , shocks , control arms and so forth. I do my best to stay on top of things maintenance wise. The van drives like new...seriously!!!
That's all good information, thank you. Good luck with your Sienna!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree with you 100% Paul. My 06 needed all those items at 220K... Was a fun project

·
Registered
117 Posts
In Georgia so no rust issue.
I had the passenger side door stopped working 2 yrs ago. I bought the actuator ( or whatever it's called) and did the work myself. It was not that difficult of a task but took 3+ hours, as I had to figure out each steps as I went. Well, the cheap amazon, $28.00 actuator, went bad again last month and I have another one from Amazon sitting in my garage catching dust. I did not have the time to do it yet. As it's not something needs fixing right away. The manual option still works.
The passenger side front bearing was bad and had a local shop change it $194.00
The rack and pinion needed attention and got quote from few places and they were over $950.00.
My mechanic told me it's not the rack and pinion it's the bushings in the rack and pinion and he replaced them,the car drives like brand new. It cost me $550.00 including alignment. The bushings were less than $80.00.
I do my own brakes, oil and tranny fluid change. I did drain and filled antifreeze once, I did also replace power steering fluid once myself.

Given the age, it's a 2007 Se and I am the first owner, the van drives brand new still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts