Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What is the OEM fog light wattage? I am looking at a few led spot lights that I can mod to fit in the bumper space.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I actually have one Toyota fog light that I bought from Craigslist but never installed. It says "HB4 12v51W" on the housing and the bulb says "9006 HB4 12V 51W" so I assume 51 watts.

·
177 Posts
HB4 (halogen), 51 watts, is what my 08 uses for the stock fog lights.

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks gents. The led assembly I am looking at is 18Watts. Should be ok for the wire size that is there.

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Update us, I'm curious on what you come up with.
Will do! I got the led spot lights off amazon and before I start the project I will install the stalk and relay , attach the lamps to make sure the system works. Only then will I continue installation of the lights. I plan on mounting the lamps in the middle of the space and maybe a little recessed to accommodate the height of the unit which is a tad taller. To fill the rest of the space I will fashion two pieces of bumper plastic for a better look. It might be another week or so before I start

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I installed the stalk with the ring for fogs and the relay as well. I did not return the floods but rather hooked up one spot and one flood to see the difference. Everything works! So the floods blend well with the low beams and is adequate for what I wanted. The spot with the same angle is, well, spotty and seems brighter because of the beam concentration. They are 18 Watts each.I will install the spots on my old Volvo. So for under 40 bucks I got me a decent "fog" light system. I obtained the lights from Amazon and are the Auxbeam brand. They are 4 inches wide and fits well in the cut out for the OE fogs with minimum modification. I will be fabricating a bezel of sorts for a better finish. Pics soon!

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got done with this project and here are a few pics. After the install I drove around a neighborhood that had a few street lights to see the effectiveness of lighting the corners during turns. I must say that I am pleased with the results , being able to see the corners as I turn. Not only does it light up the area in front but also to the left and right of the curb area and beyond effectively having a 180 degree coverage. I angle the lights outwards somewhat. I found the remnants of a black bumper on the street near me when I walked my dog and I was able to fabricate a bezel around the lights from it. I sprayed it black as you can see. It is not perfect but covers up the area adequately.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts