Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 07 Sienna LE just blew a head gasket and I'm really miffed and puzzled as to why it could happen. There's only 90K miles on the SIenna, it has never overheated, come close to overheating, and the coolant is still perfect. To make it more weird it did it 30 seconds after a cold start up pulling out of the drive way. Have there been issues with this generation sienna blowing head gaskets?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Why do you think the headgasket is blown? Could be a bunch of things but hard to say. Pics and more info needed.

Could be just a loose clamp??
Billows of white, sweet smelling smoke coming from the exhaust pipe. It’s at the shop right now. I’ll post more info depending on what they tell me tomorrow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Happened once on my 87 GM. A broken head bolt. Luckily I fished out the remains of the bolt and replaced it without removing the head. Worth a look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you say the coolant is still perfect, has it been changed? Coolant contains anti corrosion agents that diminish with time, not just mileage. Old coolant is a common cause of blown head gaskets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lets hope it is not a head gasket. Have plenty of coolant, you say.
Like the others.... not sure what is your problem.. not enough info to say at this time.
Keep us you to day.
Good luck on the repairs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Billows of white, sweet smelling smoke coming from the exhaust pipe. It’s at the shop right now. I’ll post more info depending on what they tell me tomorrow.
Has anybody added anything to the Fuel Tank - like some of that smog clean additives ?

Your coolant needs to be getting low - if the head gasket is blown, also you might notice some drive-ability issues etc..

I think you have some other issue - maybe I could speculate .. but blown head gasket - I think you might be alright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts