Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Look at this video.
I have not done the drivers side axle seal on my 06 but it seems you drive it in till it stops. At least this is what this video shows. Good luck

Registered
I have a 2007 Toyota Sienna with a fluid leak on driver side cv axle were the shaft inserts into the case . Could it possibly be the seal and is something I can do myself ? I am some what mechanically inclined and have a little common sense lol . Please let me know what you think , it will be greatly appreciated 馃憤
I have a 2008 with only 45,000 last week drove it from my driveway to the road and the left front wheel fell off, towed to dealer and they also said to have the right axel replaced. $$$

Registered
The fluid is 'lifetime', but that means the average life of the transmission, which is generally considered 10-15 years. There's no harm in changing the fluid, as long as it's done properly. To everyone that says changing the fluid may cause the transmission to slip - that's a symptom of the clutch packs already being worn, which means a transmission rebuild was already needed. Putting new fluid in a good transmission is not going to hurt it at all.
snaptube vidmate

21 - 23 of 23 Posts