Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning on doing or did an oil change at 1,000 miles? Watched a video of a Toyota Service guy who said this would be a good thing to do...

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
123 Posts
Could you post the link to that video?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I firmly believe in this, the logic being that a brand new engine will be more likely to lose small particles as is breaks in and its good to do an early change to get rid of these.
I also feel a non synthetic oil is best for this. After this first change go to synthetic and regular oil change intervals.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I firmly believe in this, the logic being that a brand new engine will be more likely to lose small particles as is breaks in and its good to do an early change to get rid of these.
I also feel a non synthetic oil is best for this. After this first change go to synthetic and regular oil change intervals.
In my previous cars I would do it at 3K... But will probably do mine at 1k with this one then again at 6K......and then get the free one at 10K from Toyota. I usually use Mobil One Synthetic in all my cars. I think the oil from Toyota is also Mobil One.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did mine at 1k. Bought filter from the dealer. Apparently Amazon has a lot of fakes. Oil is 0W-16 which is really thin..

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can change the original oil whenever you like but please do not exceed the Toyota recommendations. And only use the synthetic oil, not regular motor oil.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone planning on doing or did an oil change at 1,000 miles? Watched a video of a Toyota Service guy who said this would be a good thing to do...
Had ours changed at 1k miles because of The Car Care Nut YouTube channel as well. He is a Toyota master technician.

Will do another at 5k with the first tire rotation.
I plan to do oil changes every 5k/6 months as suggested by the same guy--fluids are cheap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had ours changed at 1k miles because of The Car Care Nut YouTube channel as well. He is a Toyota master technician.

Will do another at 5k with the first tire rotation.
I plan to do oil changes every 5k/6 months as suggested by the same guy--fluids are cheap.
I just did mine the other day at 1K, as well... will rotate my tires at 5K oil change at 6K then another change at 10.5K with another rotation.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE AWD, Sunset Bronze Mica / Graphite Interior, purchased 3/28/21
39 Posts
In my previous cars I would do it at 3K... But will probably do mine at 1k with this one then again at 6K......and then get the free one at 10K from Toyota. I usually use Mobil One Synthetic in all my cars. I think the oil from Toyota is also Mobil One.
I was going to ask - aren't all of these newer (2021) Sienna's running synthetic oil?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the MOBIL M1-103 oil filter fits our engine? It is cross referenced to 90915-YZZF2 , which was superseded by 90915-YZZN1 which is the part number I got from the toyota service center when I did my change oil with them. I have seen a few youtube videos that shows mobil 1 synthetic oil filters do better than most competition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You should if you could, because the new engine has more wears, the dealer ask me to wait to 10k miles so that they can save money for oil change, i did mine at 4500 miles and it came out pitch black, i should have done it sooner

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You should if you could, because the new engine has more wears, the dealer ask me to wait to 10k miles so that they can save money for oil change, i did mine at 4500 miles and it came out pitch black, i should have done it sooner
Mine came out pitch black at 1,025 miles.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts