Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Sienna is starting, but won't last more than a second or two and it dies. We scanned for codes and none showed! Looking around online, people said check the MAF sensor. It looked good and I cleaned it, but no change. Then we opened the fuel line and tried starting it and gas barely dribbled rather than spraying so fuel pressure is very low. I replaced the relay switch, and, again, no change. Am I missing anything else before I pull out the gas tank and replace the $400 fuel pump?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Did you do anything before this happened? There is a resistor block on the passenger side by the cowl under the hod. It is 2 wires. Is it connected? Damaged?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not Sienna specific. Every time my pressure measured low it was the pump. Probably wise to test light the lead prior to committing. Many miles? Ever run it dry?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you do anything before this happened? There is a resistor block on the passenger side by the cowl under the hod. It is 2 wires. Is it connected? Damaged?
I'll check. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried starting it once the next day and got the same result, then the following day, just before diving in after the fuel pump, I tried starting it and it worked and didn't die! Not sure what the trick was, but I'll look at the resistor block.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i had this problem on my daughter WV Beetle, computer lost some how the code for the key. I assume happen when shy left the headlights on overnight and dried the battery completely. May be your case to so you will need to reset the computer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts