Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im turning my 98 into a work van and i'm looking to up the tire size since i work construction. I'm also doing aftermarket amber warning lights. But i mostly need to know the biggest tire without a lift kit and the best aftermarket grill either with lights or without.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Sparky, seems this forum is kinda quiet, but I recently got a 2000 sienna with the same idea as you. Make it a little more capable in the junk, snow and rubble...
I found this info on a page called Zen Adventure Van for the tires and went for it...
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A
LT235/75R15

That said, I get a little wheel rub when it's a slow, sharp left turn, not to bad tho...
van_tire.jpg
And I recently found these lights in a box while cleaning out my mother in laws garage, got them mounted, but not wired in yet (getting really cold here all of a sudden!)
van_lights.jpg
My goal is to make a Baja van that I can carry my motorcycle in and camp in on the weekends, and haul all my work crap around during the week. Will be doing a cold air intake soon, as well as an exhaust, try to wake it up just a bit. Also am curious if I can lift it maybe an extra inch or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response glad to see someone else has my idea! I have mine loaded down with my tools too. Tires look nice! Definitely going to try and pick some up. I'm not sure about doing performance upgrades except maybe a lift kit. Mainly because I have my car that my wife says I dump enough money in haha. Once again thanks for the response!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Sparky, seems this forum is kinda quiet, but I recently got a 2000 sienna with the same idea as you. Make it a little more capable in the junk, snow and rubble...
I found this info on a page called Zen Adventure Van for the tires and went for it...
LT235/75R15

That said, I get a little wheel rub when it's a slow, sharp left turn, not to bad tho...
View attachment 6187
And I recently found these lights in a box while cleaning out my mother in laws garage, got them mounted, but not wired in yet (getting really cold here all of a sudden!)
View attachment 6188
My goal is to make a Baja van that I can carry my motorcycle in and camp in on the weekends, and haul all my work crap around during the week. Will be doing a cold air intake soon, as well as an exhaust, try to wake it up just a bit. Also am curious if I can lift it maybe an extra inch or so.
I broke down and did the CAI and I'm looking at lift kits now. Once you do the exhaust let me know,thinking of going dual 2.5 inch at the local exhaust shop but not sure on the price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Willing to put up a pic or two of the CAI? Did you cobble together the parts from a parts store? I have not gotten any further on the exhaust idea due to cost, time, it's a shitty time of year, etc...

Also am VERY interested in the lifting! I'm liking my big tires, but could use a little more clearance room!
Can one get taller shocks for the rear? The front is struts, correct? How would one lift?

·
Registered
4 Posts
LT235/75R15

[iurl="http://www.siennachat.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6187&stc=1&d=1451315201"]
[/iurl]
[iurl="http://www.siennachat.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6188&stc=1&d=1451315277"]
[/iurl]
How are tires holding? I have a 2002 CE with 213000 miles. I am considering getting bigger tires..

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 44448
I got 20s on my van...but i think 22 inches can fit
I recently modified my Sienna as much as I can, turbo, racing tires (z rated) 149+mph etc to many too list, I will put it into diffevent forum, however in terms of wheels, when using it for work be sure to purchase extra load tires, just so they can support the weight and not just buy an all terrain tire, because they are 2 different categories,
I have reached speeds of 120mph on this wheels with this car, without any issues, if I did that with a regular tires
ad_3_1562109173422.jpg
it would burst into a million pieces, that being said, it is very important to understand tires labeling and ratings...
Z speed rating
A Z speed rating indicates the tire has been approved for speeds of 149+ mph (240+ km/h) under optimal conditions. This rating is associated with maximum tire performance and is a match for performance coupes and sedans, sports cars, and supercars.
While speed rating is typically adjacent to the load index, and outside of (after) the tire size expression, the Z speed rating can be found within the structure of the tire size:
235/40ZR18

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently modified my Sienna as much as I can, turbo, racing tires (z rated) 149+mph etc to many too list, I will put it into diffevent forum, however in terms of wheels, when using it for work be sure to purchase extra load tires, just so they can support the weight and not just buy an all terrain tire, because they are 2 different categories,
I have reached speeds of 120mph on this wheels with this car, without any issues, if I did that with a regular tires View attachment 44670 it would burst into a million pieces, that being said, it is very important to understand tires labeling and ratings...
Z speed rating
A Z speed rating indicates the tire has been approved for speeds of 149+ mph (240+ km/h) under optimal conditions. This rating is associated with maximum tire performance and is a match for performance coupes and sedans, sports cars, and supercars.
While speed rating is typically adjacent to the load index, and outside of (after) the tire size expression, the Z speed rating can be found within the structure of the tire size:
235/40ZR18
Forget the wheels dude! how did you make your turbo setup? I am extremely curious as I have been looking for forced induction setups for my (1mz-fe) sienna, but I find that the trd supercharger is way too much money. What turbo/manifold/ecu do you use?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts