Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A killer deal from a friend moving overseas fell into my lap. I wasnt planning on upgrading Siennas, I was planning on keeping my 2008 forever. It was in immaculate condition with 156k miles and never let me down. The 2015 is incredible. An upgrade in almost every way. 3 things i've noticed. The first I'd like to find a solution to, as my wife is short and has commented she has a hard time reaching the seatbelt clicker.

1) The front driver seatbelt doesnt have the little plastic nub in the fabric that prevents the seatbelt clicker from dropping all the way to the floor. The passenger side does, and my previous Sienna did. Whats up with that?

2) the ignition switch has to be held until it starts. Since forever, it seems all my Toyotas have simply required a bump to start.

3) the third row windows arent electric on the LE :mad:. Noticed that afterwards.

Overall, super happy. its so quiet and the interior feels much higher quality and roomier.

·
Super Moderator
4,884 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

A number of people have upgraded their 3rd row vent windows to power operation. Unfortunately, that feature is not standard on the base L and LE models. There is at least 1 thread with full instruction, IIRC.

Our belt tong stays up. I'll have to report back the mechanism used to keep it there.

We have Push-to-Start, so can't comment on the key start system.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A killer deal from a friend moving overseas fell into my lap. I wasnt planning on upgrading Siennas, I was planning on keeping my 2008 forever. It was in immaculate condition with 156k miles and never let me down. The 2015 is incredible. An upgrade in almost every way. 3 things i've noticed. The first I'd like to find a solution to, as my wife is short and has commented she has a hard time reaching the seatbelt clicker.

1) The front driver seatbelt doesnt have the little plastic nub in the fabric that prevents the seatbelt clicker from dropping all the way to the floor. The passenger side does, and my previous Sienna did. Whats up with that?

2) the ignition switch has to be held until it starts. Since forever, it seems all my Toyotas have simply required a bump to start.

3) the third row windows arent electric on the LE :mad:. Noticed that afterwards.

Overall, super happy. its so quiet and the interior feels much higher quality and roomier.

1) It should have the plastic nub to retain the clicker. Yours probably broke off or fell off.

2) Normal for the Sienna, unless it turns over for a long time before it starts.

3) The Third row Windows int he LE can be converted to electric. All the connections and wiring is already there in the LE. You just need to buy the little window motors and switch up front to operate them and install. Here is a link to a forum member thread who did this mod.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to hear! I know the power switch is just a small gripe, but I wonder the reasoning in switching from one system to the other that worked so well. it seems like a (very small) step backwards. I assume that there was good reasoning behind the decision.

thank you for the link on that thread. That's definitely going to happen, since its all pre-wired. that's great news.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found another feature that Toyota removed from the LE trim in the 3rd gen - The rear hatch soft-close motor. Im assuming its on the XLE and higher trim levels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts