Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI
The ABS light on our 2000 Sienna was staying on. Dealer analyzed a defective ABS Actuator, the part that controls the Anti-lock braking. (Part 44050-08010)

Problem is Toyota has discontinued this part.

After a lot of searching online I found no new part in dealer inventories.

I did find a used part at carpartsource.com which I ordered.

Our dealer (San Francisco Toyota) agreed to test and install the part. But not guarantee its life.

The used part is working properly. If it fails, I'm not sure we'll be able to replace it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There are places that repair/refurbish older control modules. Here's one that pops up with a quick google search:
I can't vouch for them; just posting to show one potential avenue of resolution for the discontinuation of the part.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Often times parts are still listed as available at online dealers (and they are, until their in-house stock runs out) just because they haven't updated their online inventory. Sometimes, they will indicate it's out of stock once you put it in the cart and try to order it, and other times they will actually complete your order and then send an email a day or two after the fact telling you that your payment is being refunded since they discovered it's not in stock.

$.02

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
568 Posts
Probably why it's discontinued. Nobody's nuts enough to replace it. Specially in a warm climate.
I would, but I live in Wisconsin. Definitely prefer having ABS over not having it. But at that price I’d go yank one from a junkyard. Then again I’d also be doing my own work on that most likely, so no need to convince a shop to install it.

Often times parts are still listed as available at online dealers (and they are, until their in-house stock runs out) just because they haven't updated their online inventory. Sometimes, they will indicate it's out of stock once you put it in the cart and try to order it, and other times they will actually complete your order and then send an email a day or two after the fact telling you that your payment is being refunded since they discovered it's not in stock.

$.02
That’s fair. I ordered a discontinued middle fridge bracket for a Samsung fridge. One place charged me then did nothing for months. I cancelled the order and did get refunded. Placed an order at a second place and got it a week later.

I’ll never order a Samsung appliance though. This came with the house, and despite being newish over half the parts were already discontinued. But for the Kenmore dryer and dishwasher that came with the house of similar ages I could order almost every single part for them. In fact it was nuts. The dishwasher tub got some holes in the bottom. I could order a new TUB, you know, the metal cube with one side missing for the door? Problem was I was not going to pay $250 for the tub and spend hours and hours transferring every single part off the old one to the new one, so that just ended up being a new dishwasher purchase. But my point was it was great to see the parts support for the appliances.

·
Registered
'00 Sienna XLE
75 Posts
You can also check car-part.com and look under "anti-lock brake pump". Some of those yards warranty their parts and almost all ship from across the country and Canada. There were 12 pages of just 1st gen Siennas. I know you still have the shop warranty issue though. BTW, it's a great site to bookmark guys. I get a lot of stuff through them, like my trans that I didn't want to pull and they warrantied for 6 mo/unlimited for $500, and it was only about 2 miles away from my house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts