Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 2002 toyota sienna with 150,000 miles. I owned it since new and recently i was getting tired of it, but rather than selling it i decided to do an small overhual with some upgrades, i replaced the timing belt and components, alternator and starter, battery and i also replaced the idle air controll valve as these siennas do have problems with those, i also did spark plugs, pcv and valve cover gasket replacements, the transmission had an aftermarket cooler installed, for the suspension i did the axles, axle seals lower control arms, tie rods, wheel bearings, struts and shocks, brake caliper and brake rotors and pads, i also replaced the stabilizer links. for the rear of the car i did the rear shoes and cylinders along with the master cylinder. I moved on to the interior of the car where i installed a double din touch radio unit and a backup cam, where i also replaced the broken tailgate latch. I also wired in a 110v outlet and game port along with a 10in flip down monitor for movies and games. from here i upgraded the instrument cluster to one with a tachometer as the ce siennas only have a speedo. I also removed the green caps on the dash bulbs to make them light up yellow, after this i disassembled the car where i installed fog lamps and led lights, i also dissembled the panels so that i could paint repaint the body to woodland green pearl and the cladding to a gloss gray. i found some nice alloy wheels from a Camry that I installed because i hate the look of hubcaps.... lastly i was looking for tips as to what to do with the interior as in the ce the second row has bench seats and i was wondering if i can install the upgraded captains seats. i was also wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the drivers and passenger seats to one with the side airbags as the ce model didnt have that feature.>:) ill later post some pictures>:)>:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Post some pictures please,

I recently put in a turbo on my car and it flys, reached speeds of 120mph, with out any issues, but you need to have racing type of tires ( Z rated ) or else if you did that with a regular tire it would burst into a million pieces,

Z speed rating
A Z speed rating indicates the tire has been approved for speeds of 149+ mph (240+ km/h) under optimal conditions. This rating is associated with maximum tire performance and is a match for performance coupes and sedans, sports cars, and supercars.
While speed rating is typically adjacent to the load index, and outside of (after) the tire size expression, the Z speed rating can be found within the structure of the tire size:
235/40ZR18
ad_3_1562109173422.jpg
ad_3_1562109173422.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Amazing what you can do with the equivalant of a couple car payments. How's the radio? I just ordered one just like it for my 30 year old car. Only one that would fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts