Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sienna will blow out a light amount of white smoke about a minute after morning start up, gone pretty quick once driving begins. I did however notice my wife leaving the other morning and when she hit the gas to leave a puff of white came out but gone after that. Is this normal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JC, Great info on that link. When I check my oil it is nice and clean and am losing little if any oil between oil changes. Will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread is a month old, but figure it's worth sharing my experience.

i had the same problem on my 2000 Sienna. No mechanic could figure it out. I got the typical thoughts process of ...valve guides, rings, seeping head gasket, etc.
To make a long story short it was the PCV valve. You may want to check the valve if havent already. Very inexpensive part that is often overlooked.

if the valve is malfunctioning your entire PCV circualtion system can be compromised which can lead to excessive blowby, oil consumption, oil sludge, o2 sensor failure, etc, etc. its a simple, cheap, but extremely important item to be funtioning.

at some point in the Sienna lifecycle they added a sensor that throws a code when its bad. Not sure if your model year has that sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts