Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second of 2 issues... Just got this 2003 XLE. It sat for a while with the previous owner. The a/c is turning on and blowing, but not cold. I charged the system with freon. It showed no pressure before I charged it, which of course wasn't great sign, but it got medium cool when I drove it for a while after doing that. Next day, back to warm. Now, even when the vent is set to outside air (not recirc), and outside temp is in the low 60's, the air seems to blow warmish, almost like it's a vent issue...

When I charged the system, the little port/window next to the high pressure port was showing the swirling around of the freon, so I could tell it was moving through the system when I charged it, and the pressure was high enough with the single can I used, on the charging can meter. I don't actually have the long cable (I had to borrow that from the auto parts store since I only have a short one...), so I can't check to see if the system is now without pressure (yes, probably the first thing I should check to see if the system has a pressure leak?), but wondering if there are other known or common issues or things to check?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts