Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious,
How many members here with those years generation 2 with over 250k miles.
My 06 LE has 169k now

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just sold my '04 with 297k miles.
I'm always disillusioned by selling old cars... You can put thousands into one and get it back to very good operating condition, but the return on the investment is very small when it comes time to sell.

I've put about $2500 into mine this year doing both major repairs and maintenance, but the plan is to drive all that value out of it during another 4 years or so, hopefully with little more than routine maintenance. Currently at 316K, and based on our track record, should be pretty close to 400K in 4 more years. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pethelman,
I've put a lot into my van as well hoping that all I will do in the next few years is routine maintenance. At present the most miles I see doing a year from now on is maybe 10k so hopefully 50k in the next five years brings the van to 220k. Im feeling confident that it will be ok till such time. I've gained confidence in doing most of the repairs and preventative maintenance myself , with help from this forum and online searches. My most recent work was my first ever timing belt change on a V6 and also attending to the water inlet housing coolant issue in the valley.
The interior of the van is perhaps 9 out of 10, exterior an 8 ..so like you I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey Paul. This guy is rocking almost 400K and went on a big trip!!! I sold off my '04 with 420,000KM/260,000 miles and was stating to need a couple things. Struts, Rear wheel bearing. I got my '07 very cheap. I still have it and is for sale. I think you are going to be fine!! :) @169K It is just a puppy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
2010 LE with 385k miles right now. That was me that went on that trip to Key West. I'm going to keep driving her until she quits on me but hopefully that'll be awhile so I'm going to do my part to keep her in good shape. Thanks to this and other Sienna forums.
Had codes P0012 and P0100 yesterday. Changed oil and air filter and cleared the codes. Driving her around today and so far so good. I started a thread on that yesterday and will post update in a few days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2006 LE 300,256 miles, no major repairs, just brakes, timing belt, water pump and the like. All maintenance was done on time. Also all freeway miles. The oil used is Mobil One Synthetic and the high-quality Wix filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm the original owner of a 2004 XLE Limited, which now has just over 281,000 miles. My daughter had a friend visit the other day.... her mom has just over 400,000 miles on hers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Original owner of 2005 LE. I have 282,000 on it and I'm replacing the front wheel bearings tonight. I have never taken it to a repair shop. I'm hoping to get it somewhere over 300,000.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mmmmm, I think you should be getting better mpgs than that . I get about 26 ish at 65-70 mph highway. Then again with only me in the van most times. That mpg from the electronic readout.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I get about 26 ish at 65-70 mph highway. That mpg from the electronic readout.
That sounds really good for an AWD, wish mine did that well.
I don't really trust the readout but will start paying attention to it. I've always figured my mileage at fill up and zero out my trip odometer every time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts