Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2004 AWD Sienna with 140k miles for taking mountain bike trips in the Pacific Northwest. The plan is to do a very simple build-out and just make it super capable for carrying bikes, camping, and driving remote backroads.

Camping in the back of the van on the first night confirmed that buying a Sienna was a way better decision than buying a truck! Also getting up to this photo spot was pretty gnarly and the AWD was amazing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple friends helped me install a set of BF Goodrich KO2s size 245/65/17. No rubbing and added quite a bit of clearance. The tires are quiet and I love how it handles and rolls over rough terrain. I don't have a spare. Currently just carrying a small compressor, tire plugs, and AAA.
DSC01421.jpg DSC01423.jpg DSC01426.jpg DSC01427.jpg

·
Registered
582 Posts
Are you running that tire size with no rubbing without a lift?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice video! The driver's side rear seatbelt is easy to take out (though your floor may get in the way of removing the quarter panel trim panel). I didn't look super hard at the passenger side, but it will definitely take more work as it looks like some of the AC venting would need to come out to access one of the bolts.

I ended up detaching the seatbelts from the floor (one bolt each side) and zip tying them up as high as I could to get them out of the way. I can re-attach easily without removing the quarter trim panel.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
That floor is looking great. Just wondering - how far off is your speedometer reading with those tires? There are speedo apps you can use to find out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been camping in the Sienna almost every weekend since purchasing it. I picked up a Yakima box to haul firewood, camp stuff, and smelly mountain bike clothes. Planning to install the lift kit, new shocks, and airbags, sometime this summer. I definitely feel like the suspension is pretty beat so will be nice to get to that sooner than later. I'll post up shots of the interior camp set up soon.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been camping in the Sienna almost every weekend since purchasing it. I picked up a Yakima box to haul firewood, camp stuff, and smelly mountain bike clothes. Planning to install the lift kit, new shocks, and airbags, sometime this summer. I definitely feel like the suspension is pretty beat so will be nice to get to that sooner than later. I'll post up shots of the interior camp set up soon.

Cheers.

View attachment 46833
Thanks for the update! I've got the same year model (unfortunately only 2wd) that I'm looking to use in a similar way. Did some forest road camping two weeks ago and now I'm itching to make the van at least slightly more capable.

Which lift kit are you planning to put on? My shocks are pretty beat as well.

Also what cargo box is that in the photo?

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts