Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I bought a used 2004 Sienna LE but the ABS and VSC lights are on, AWD presumably does not work as a result
Midas pulled the codes c0273 c1223 c1246 and recommended I go to the dealer. Dealer said I need new ABS actuator/ Hydraulic unit with part number 44050-08081, but they don't have it since its discontinued. While its very easy to find used parts for "2004 Sienna ABS actuator" and they all look like the diagram for 44050-08081, zero of this specific part number seems to be available anywhere so I was wondering if its interchangable with other parts, or if the differences are small enough to be mitigated with minor modifications. I ordered an 89541-08050 off ebay just as a gamble, and I also tried ordering a new 44050-08030 but the parts company canceled the order since my vin didn't match. I doubt they have the 44050-08081 in stock.
EDIT: The parts company rep got back to me and explained that the FWD and AWD actuators are very different. The AWD actuator has "5 lines out of the top and 1 line out of the side " I'm gonna try ordering a few of the actuators on ebay that specify 2004 and AWD and hope it works out, unless someone gets back to me here

The car is absolutely usable in its current state (passed inspection etc) and I don't totally need ABS/ VSC/ AWD for my driving style, but it would be very nice to have

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi,
I bought a used 2004 Sienna LE but the ABS and VSC lights are on, AWD presumably does not work as a result
Midas pulled the codes c0273 c1223 c1246 and recommended I go to the dealer. Dealer said I need new ABS actuator/ Hydraulic unit with part number 44050-08081, but they don't have it since its discontinued. While its very easy to find used parts for "2004 Sienna ABS actuator" and they all look like the diagram for 44050-08081, zero of this specific part number seems to be available anywhere so I was wondering if its interchangable with other parts, or if the differences are small enough to be mitigated with minor modifications. I ordered an 89541-08050 off ebay just as a gamble, and I also tried ordering a new 44050-08030 but the parts company canceled the order since my vin didn't match. I doubt they have the 44050-08081 in stock.
EDIT: The parts company rep got back to me and explained that the FWD and AWD actuators are very different. The AWD actuator has "5 lines out of the top and 1 line out of the side " I'm gonna try ordering a few of the actuators on ebay that specify 2004 and AWD and hope it works out, unless someone gets back to me here

The car is absolutely usable in its current state (passed inspection etc) and I don't totally need ABS/ VSC/ AWD for my driving style, but it would be very nice to have
You can pass an inspection with an Xmas tree lit up on your dash?!? Whatever State you live in, remind me to double check both ways before crossing the street there!!! Any ABS codes will kill ABS and TRAC. I'm not sure if it kills AWD. The big issue is not if you "need" those features. The big issue is you HAVE those features and they are malfunctioning. At any time, a malfunctioning system can malfunction in unexpected ways. I've read stories of people with the ABS system spontaneously kicking on, brakes locking up, RPM surging, etc. I can't believe that a Toyota dealer would send you away with a "Sorry. We can't fix your car." quote. I would bring it back and tell them to diagnose and fix it. Although, the fact that they sent you away means I would actually probably suggest taking it to an actual capable, trustworthy mechanic and have THEM fix it. Let them source the correct part(s) from a junkyard, if necessary. They'll get you back on the road with no lights and all systems functioning perfectly (until the next failure).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts