Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In search of the "Power Fuse" for the power windows. It's a 30 amp fuse that I'm searching for which provides power to all windows. I found the 25 amp fuse in the fuse box on drivers side behind knee bolster. Just can't seem to locate the "Power Fuse" as Mitchell OnDemand calls it..... Anyone know where to find this fuse???? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,198 Posts
Fuse numbering and the exact configuration of the fuse boxes changed 3 times over the course of the 2004-2009 series. On my 2008, there are a pair of 30A fuses for the Power Window and Power Seat tucked up along the side of the fuse box under the dash. #59 & #58. Not obvious at all. They are not under the black fuse box cover, but along the side of the box facing the firewall. I can see them with a mirror and flashlight but have no idea how you get your hand up into there! They are Pink, look like a little 3/4" block, and marked 30A on the top. Please report back how you got to them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
FOUND THE FUSE that was causing my power windows to not work!

fibber2's above information was PRICELESS!!! there are in fact two extra 'hidden' fuses and one of them is for the power windows. i would have NEVER seen them.
They are bigger than most of the other fuses. little boxes. (excuse my non-tech language).

So, i downloaded a pdf from toyota:
http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM45408U/pdf/8.pdf
The fuse that was BLOWN in my situation was 55 (maybe 54, the diagrams make me dyslexic!) in the manual i've linked to. It was one of the fuses that we're talking about here... behind the fuse box.

Though it was a bit crazy getting under there (moved seat back as far as it goes, lower body coming out of the car while i laid on my back, thank god i'm skinny) i used a hand mirror from the bathroom and could in fact see two large square boxy fuses. i got PLIERS and was able to get a grip on them. it was a hassle but doable. one of the fuses was clearly blown! so i put them in reversed positions and turned on the car, and was able to roll up the window that had been stuck open! i think turned back off the car and put the good fuse back where it was and left the other blank. I will now drive straight to an auto parts store and replace it. :)))

There is one fuse under the hood that also is part of the power windows (14. ECU-B 10A) but mine was not out.

- - - PICTURE I UPLOADED:

I went through the above 'section 8' pdf and searched 'window' and noted all the fuses that have any interaction with the power windows. there's one fuse also under the hood that does as well (see below) but otherwise they're all in the fuse box down below the steering wheel facing straight down at the ground. you have to get down there where your feet would be to see it.

I had checked all the fuses i've marked in pink in the picture i've uploaded here, but none of them were blown. I was about to just go through and painstakingly check every damn fuse when i finally found fibber2's comment and went back out and sure enough found those two fuses!

The diagram i uploaded shows IN PINK all the fuses mentioned in the above pdf as having any relationship to the power windows. a cheat sheet if you will.
note: in my van not all of the slots that are shown blank here were in fact empty. it made it hard to tell which way to read the diagram (my van was used and didn't come with the fuse box cover), until you find the two side fuses (54 and 55) and then the diagram makes sense.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

the power door-lock switch runs off of a different fuse and was working even when the windows weren't.

NOTE: when i first bought my van the windows didn't work and it was the master controller (not sure that's the actual technical name) was dead. I'm just talking about the driver's side door window controllers. you can find the part in a widely varying price range so search around smart or find it used or semi-used. It's an easy part to switch out, or have a mechanic switch out. there's some good videos out there on how to do it.

I have a 2004 Sienna CE.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts