Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find one of these? Toyota can't even find the part number for it. They probably don't sell it individually but only with the whole assembly which is many hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
CE, LE, XLE, or XLE limited?

From what I can tell, there's no lock actuator in the sliding door. Maybe I missed it.

https://toyotaparts.bochtoyotasouth...6-gas-engine/electrical-cat/sliding-door-scat
Well, after tearing into my 2004 Sienna XLE's left sliding door I can assure you that there IS a Lock actuator in it. It's just that Toyota does not stock the individual part. In order to get it you have to buy the whole metal panel assembly to which the lock actuator (for which Toyota has no part number ???) is attached by two screws. If you can no longer lock and unlock the door other than manually, you may be a candidate for this economical repair. Using one of the many YouTube videos showing how to take the door apart and get at the various actuators and mechanics of the door, remove the lock actuator and split the shell, if you're lucky, remove the dead motor inside it, and replace the dead motor with one I happened to find on eBay. It's listed as "FC-280 Motor with Collar - Car Door Lock and Mirror Motor - Auto FC-280PT-22125" and is sold by "mopselectric" on eBay. It fits the worm gear in the actuator and works perfectly in my formerly-dead lock actuator. Instead of having to buy the whole $800 or so panel, I spent $7.65. My lock actuator (NOT the door actuator) had a motor with a brass bushing on it to drive the worm gear to flip the lock back and forth and lock/unlock the door.

Below is a picture of the motor, with brass bushing that my 04 needed. It's now working perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for this information. I have the exact same year sienna with the same problem. I was shocked at how difficult it was to find the door lock actuator part, let alone a you tube tutorial on how to replace it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this issue as well. Was able to get the part from a local salvage yard for 75 bucks. Any tips for the replacement? I plan on putting a new electric door wire in as well while im in there

·
Registered
65 Posts
Replaced it today with the one from the salvage yard. Both the old one and "New" one the release handle was stuck( part that connects to the cable and the front mechanism) I was able to free it us and drench it in lock lube and penetrate. Worked well after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts