Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am hoping someone can tell me if the 2004 hatch is interchangeable with the rest of the Gen 2 models. I was rear-ended and the hatch was pushed in. Insurance is totalling it, but I can replace a hatch myself. I am hoping that all the Gen 2 models used the same hatch and that I can just bolt another one on without any issues. Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Harv.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
The basic hatch should be the same. I'm not aware of any structural difference. The only variables could be in the latch control for vans with power liftgate, and the presence of wiring for a backup camera (basically options on the Limited and some XLE trims). I think the tail light assembly changed slightly, so you might have to retrofit or adjust wiring.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most of the junkyards have interchange manuals which will tell you exactly what works. They can also cross-check inventory from other junkyards, but they are notorious for being out of date. I would just call around the u-pull-it places and see if they have any of your year Siennas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts